Swapping Center Seat to Console

On 11/17/2020 at 1:37 AM, shanemoon said:

I have a jet black, cloth center jumpseat with top storage if anyone is looking to purchase. Located in Dallas. Will ship at additional cost.

This isn't still available is it? I am in Little Rock, but am in Dallas all the time. 

I replaced my center storage jump seat with a full console.  Swapping it out was easy and took about an hour.  The only issue now is the buttons on the doors to lock or unlock the vehicle don't work and I get a message  saying "Service Keyless Start System".  I assume that the storage jump seat has a receiver in it and so they are married to the key fobs.  The remote start and lock/unlock works fine just the buttons on the outside door handles to lock/unlock vehicle.

Anyone else run across this issue?

Keyless Start error.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:49 AM, PHD said:

I replaced my center storage jump seat with a full console.  Swapping it out was easy and took about an hour.  The only issue now is the buttons on the doors to lock or unlock the vehicle don't work and I get a message  saying "Service Keyless Start System".  I assume that the storage jump seat has a receiver in it and so they are married to the key fobs.  The remote start and lock/unlock works fine just the buttons on the outside door handles to lock/unlock vehicle.

Anyone else run across this issue?

Did you connect the wiring harness back to the truck on the new console?

Yes...there is an antenna within the jump seat/console that is dedicated for keyless entry. It's a different antenna than the ones used for remote start, remote unlock and things like that.

Edited by shanemoon

On 4/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, flat350 said:

Can't say for sure it will work til I get my parts (waiting on the ext. harness GM part # 84376073 and the lower trim piece GM part # 84127263)They're not on BO just really slow shipping.

I'm starting with an LT model which has the large plug under the passengers seat and a jump seat with storage.

I talked to Casey on the phone and he said he started with the same model truck,the console he bought had wireless charging and mine doesn't.

When he first did the install he couldn't get the USB or SD card to work inside the new console.

He replaced the existing dash USB/SD hub with GM part # 13529873 which is only a double USB hub and has a line to feed back into the console all done with the ext. harness.

He said that that change made the SD card read in the console and the USB port became a feed/reader and it all worked as designed,said his wireless charging worked too,with the dash USB good also.

Did this ever work for you? Did you get the inside USB ports to work by swapping the front USB part to the one with the SD card and installing that extra harness? Also if it did work, which radio do you have? IOR or IOS?

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a console and wanting a jumpseat? I am looking at an elevation today (black interior) and want to get a console. I live in indiana but travel to Florida, Louisana, and Alabama often. 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, brose05 said:

I have a 2021 gmc 3500hd denali on order and I want the 6th seat! If anyone has the center jumper they want to trade or I will purchase then let me know! I am looking for one that has storage under the arm and seat, has the 2 usb and 12 volt in the back along with the air vents. Jet black leather for the entire thing is preferred to match my interior. 

Are you still looking? May have a trade if you still need it. 

• 1 month later...

i"ve had both T1 1500s and 2500s....they seem to be exaclty the same, cant imagine they wont swap from 2500 to a 1500.......looked and felt identical to me....3500 is same as 2500....difference is in suspension

alot of full consoles have the conv 2 pkg IOS with SD card and alot of bench seats are IOR so that maybe the issue with harness, idk just using common sense and knowledge but ive never done one so could be something else.....just a thought

On 4/4/2020 at 6:33 PM, Goobax said:

Forgive my ignorance here but is the SD card reader only for navigation or are you able to use it for audio? The reason I ask is that I am wanting to have the SD card/additional USB ports added to my custom in the center console storage rather than do the full console but I don't know if this is possible.

ETA my truck is a custom so basically all I have is the 1 usb up front but what I am looking for is the capability to use an SD for the IOR radio and keep at least 1 USB for apple carplay interfacing

dont think its possible.....the module under dash and possibly other software.....they make it almost impossible to convert the IOR to anything else

well worth the $1300 for conv 2 if you want those features.....I certainly miss them 

• 1 month later...

Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but I don't see much mention about the rear air ducts that are in the center jump seat; would I lose those in swapping to a center console or does that part remain with the truck and the console sits over/around it?  From one of the GM breakdowns posted earlier here it looks like the console sits over them