Swapping Center Seat to Console

Forgive my ignorance here but is the SD card reader only for navigation or are you able to use it for audio? The reason I ask is that I am wanting to have the SD card/additional USB ports added to my custom in the center console storage rather than do the full console but I don't know if this is possible.

ETA my truck is a custom so basically all I have is the 1 usb up front but what I am looking for is the capability to use an SD for the IOR radio and keep at least 1 USB for apple carplay interfacing

Edited by Goobax

I am looking for a center floor console.  One the salvage sites there are 2 options.  One for memory card reader, and one without.  Does anybody know if there are any physical differences between the two?  Is the one with the memory card reader mean thats the one that will have usb and sd card reader?  I dont care about the card reader, but I would like to plug my phone in under there for android auto. I am thinking I can probably wire something up to get the plug from the dash to the console if I need to.  

I about to go pick up a 2020 with jumper seat and storage below.  If anybody is interested in a swap let me know. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

following this post.  I bought a new 2019/ old stock new body style and am  interested in changing the center seat to a useful item. I did see the optional lid you can buy online for 299 or so, and it's a bolt out/ bolt in application.  i just am curious about putting the center console in that runs all the way to the dash.  I like the look, but honestly I  use the floor of my truck for putting stuff down a lot too.  If you could find a console from a bone yard or the like, that' seems like the way to do this. Seems you can customize the console with differnt parts for wireless charging etc, to add more goodies if you wanted too.  

I used this site and link to look up some of the prices;  it's not super user friendly but it's better than wondering.  Plus has some of the customization goodies.  Also, wanted to throw out there, that as a base truck owner that has the convenience package i have cruise control and tow package, but wanted that heated steering wheel.  Found them online, for 190 and with built in controls.  Toasty fingers, long as all that works.  I'd imagine that most of those items are plug n play, but I could be wrong.  

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-console-assembly-84505597  for the console information.

Edited by DC19Sierra

Does anyone know.  I’m looking at a Denali with all the options and a nice center console but need the jump seat for my four children.  Is there carpet under the seat.  I took side panel off and it kinda felt and looked like there was a slice in the carpet all the way to middle of console not allowing me to switch this out.  Anyone have any ideas.  I also have rear heated seats and have no idea where to put these switches at on jump seat

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 8:45 AM, lexustbs said:

Just spent a good time looking, but most are just about wanting a jump seat or storage in a jump seat. Guess I'll just have to wait. I had the dealer price one and they are north of $700.00

Got my new console yesterday to replace the bench seat with the fake center storage :(

Found the directions online, attached here for anyone. At first glance it looks pretty easy.  I got the part brand new for $295 and came in about a week despite the notice they were low on stock.  https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/84756948.html

It JUST replaces the seat/back and now the top opens!!  It will sit into the framing that holds the AC vents.  IT does NOT go all the way down under the front dash but I don't care - i just wanted STORAGE!

Hoping to get the install done today.

console1.jpg

console2.jpg

Edited by ScarletSilverado
found the directions
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScarletSilverado said:

Got my new console yesterday to replace the bench seat with the fake center storage :(

Found the directions online, attached here for anyone. At first glance it looks pretty easy.  I got the part brand new for $295 and came in about a week despite the notice they were low on stock.  https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/84756948.html

It JUST replaces the seat/back and now the top opens!!  It will sit into the framing that holds the AC vents.  IT does NOT go all the way down under the front dash but I don't care - i just wanted STORAGE!

Hoping to get the install done today.

console1.jpg

console2.jpg

Install directions are here....

removalinstallationinstructions.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone up to being paid to do this on my 2020 Silverado LT Z71 in Georgia near ATL? I would be selling my center storage jump seat as well.

I would like to get one that has wireless charging and everything to function correctly. Can't seem to find all the directions/parts list in one place.

Just bought a 2020 Silverado 1500 Custom and now I am looking for the folding center Jump Seat with the opening top storage area and the locking bottom storage.

If anyone has one that they would like to sell, I am interested.  I also have a FedEx commercial account so can ship on my dime..

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

Victoria, Texas

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 11:14 AM, Thirdcoast said:

Just bought a 2020 Silverado 1500 Custom and now I am looking for the folding center Jump Seat with the opening top storage area and the locking bottom storage.

If anyone has one that they would like to sell, I am interested.  I also have a FedEx commercial account so can ship on my dime..

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

Victoria, Texas

Not sure if a 3500 jump seat works in a 1500, but I just bought a 3500 and will be swapping the seat for a center console. If you are interested in this, feel free to PM me.