Swapping Center Seat to Console

16 minutes ago, blb285 said:

Do you have the part number for that harness with that connector? I am installing a jump seat from a salvage yard into my custom. Trying to figure out the best way to connect the existing wiring harness (of the LT jump seat with the usb charger and cig lighter) to utilize those ports. Don't really want to run a random wire to a fuse box, if I can find an existing part number that this harness (PT # 84535195) will connect into.

Ended up getting the seat out but hopefully this helps. This is the harness in the console. 

BDB37A88-4086-4146-94C5-E665848160A9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 3:40 PM, Josh11 said:

Got my center console swapped and was a perfect fit so now I have my bench seat with storage available for sale

Were you able to get the usb dock inside the new center console to connect to the audio system? For Apple car play for example?  I have a 2020 Sierra elevation, I’m looking to do the same swap! Any info would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Me just connecting the harness the way it came, no, the USB inside the console didn’t work and never got the chance to find out why only the Inside light and rear USB’s worked

Edited by Josh11

According to another member Casey you need to switch the USB/SD port on the dash to a different one and then connect the extension harness for the floor console to it for it to work.I have part numbers for the USB port and the extension harness that  Casey shared with me but have not done the install yet as I'm still waiting for the harness and a trim piece to get shipped to me,so I can't guarantee it works.

• Like 1

Oh okay so with this extension, the USB port in the dash and the USB port in the console will both be functional, but the one inside the console will connect to the stereo? I’d like to do the swap but only if I can for sure get the internal USB to connect to Apple CarPlay. Do you have a Silverado or a Sierra?

According to another member Casey you need to switch the USB/SD port on the dash to a different one and then connect the extension harness for the floor console to it for it to work.I have part numbers for the USB port and the extension harness that  Casey shared with me but have not done the install yet as I'm still waiting for the harness and a trim piece to get shipped to me,so I can't guarantee it works.

I installed the full console In mine and ordered the the usb extension and USB port that has the pass thru. It did not work on mine. I also purchased the inner console harness that has the charging pad. I have a Custom and do not have the power harness under the seat. I suspect that the inner console USB port is not getting any power. I am gonna hard wire it as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully it will work then. I also have an extra trim piece of yours is on backorder and need it. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Can't say for sure it will work til I get my parts (waiting on the ext. harness GM part # 84376073 and the lower trim piece GM part # 84127263)They're not on BO just really slow shipping.

I'm starting with an LT model which has the large plug under the passengers seat and a jump seat with storage.

I talked to Casey on the phone and he said he started with the same model truck,the console he bought had wireless charging and mine doesn't.

When he first did the install he couldn't get the USB or SD card to work inside the new console.

He replaced the existing dash USB/SD hub with GM part # 13529873 which is only a double USB hub and has a line to feed back into the console all done with the ext. harness.

He said that that change made the SD card read in the console and the USB port became a feed/reader and it all worked as designed,said his wireless charging worked too,with the dash USB good also.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zelas said:

I installed the full console In mine and ordered the the usb extension and USB port that has the pass thru. It did not work on mine. I also purchased the inner console harness that has the charging pad. I have a Custom and do not have the power harness under the seat. I suspect that the inner console USB port is not getting any power. I am gonna hard wire it as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully it will work then. I also have an extra trim piece of yours is on backorder and need it. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The extension harness is what's really holding me up.I don't want to put the console in and then do it again to get the harness to the USB port.

1 hour ago, Ryan Valterria said:

Oh okay so with this extension, the USB port in the dash and the USB port in the console will both be functional, but the one inside the console will connect to the stereo? I’d like to do the swap but only if I can for sure get the internal USB to connect to Apple CarPlay. Do you have a Silverado or a Sierra?

Might not work if you don't have the harness under the passenger seat to start with,Casey and I both started with LT Silverado's that have the jump seat harness.

• Like 1

Okay, okay. I have the usb & 12v port on the back of my jumper seat so I’d think I should have the proper harness under there right? The elevation edition came with the center console option but the closest one was about 250 miles away from me so I settled for the jumper seat. But if it is an available option, there should be a way to make it work, it’s just wishful thinking on my part haha51C91D17-3B42-4DD6-B10C-287823D8CD10.jpeg.d33cad47270eef2dc1a88ba288ba693d.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Ryan Valterria said:

Okay, okay. I have the usb & 12v port on the back of my jumper seat so I’d think I should have the proper harness under there right? The elevation edition came with the center console option but the closest one was about 250 miles away from me so I settled for the jumper seat. But if it is an available option, there should be a way to make it work, it’s just wishful thinking on my part haha51C91D17-3B42-4DD6-B10C-287823D8CD10.jpeg.d33cad47270eef2dc1a88ba288ba693d.jpeg

Look under the passenger seat carpet under the seat,there should be a large connector under there feeding the jump seat.That will connect to the new console if it's there assuming they don't cut the one on the new console if it's a salvage one when they remove it.

On the floor console there is a small extension harness under the top panel that then goes back to the dash.This is the area that you have to modify with new parts to make all of the console ports work as designed.The dash ports change from a USB A,USB C,SD card module to just a USB A,USB C and moves the SD card to the console via the ext. harness.DSC00540.JPG

DSC00541.JPG

DSC00542.JPG

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00544.JPG

Edited by flat350
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, flat350 said:

Look under the passenger seat carpet under the seat,there should be a large connector under there feeding the jump seat.That will connect to the new console if it's there assuming they don't cut the one on the new console if it's a salvage one when they remove it.

On the floor console there is a small extension harness under the top panel that then goes back to the dash.This is the area that you have to modify with new parts to make all of the console ports work as designed.The dash ports change from a USB A,USB C,SD card module to just a USB A,USB C and moves the SD card to the console via the ext. harness.DSC00540.JPG

DSC00541.JPG

DSC00542.JPG

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00544.JPG

Thanks for posting pics. I am in need of that female plug to hardwire my Custom model. If you do not need it cause your LT has it. I sure would like to purchase it from you. Thanks.