Procharger Install on 2018 5.3L

Thought I'd do a write up on the install of my procharger.  Just got it today so hopefully start this weekend.  2018 Silverado 1500 5.3l.  Procharger kit is the standard H.O. system in Satin did upgrade to the helical gear set,  also installing Elite E2-X catch can dual exits and clean side separator,  NGK 6510 spark plugs and oil change Mobil 1 oil and filter.  Already have the Borla ATAK cat back on and an Airaid intake obviously that's going away.  I'll do as many pictures and posts as I can if anyone seems interested in it thought it be cool to do.  Procharger was purchased from Brute Speed highly recommended Bob is awesome super helpful,  catch can bought direct from Elite they were awesome also,  exhaust was bought from summit.  

15569168754612081313407.jpg

Yes and yes.  Decided on procharger because I usually drive like old man but every now and than I like to pass someone on the highway,  with that being said the procharger doesn't create boost until your in the mid to high ranges of RPM's 3000ish and up even at 3000 your not making much boost it increases as RPM's increase that was more appealing to me than having the Whipple/Magnuson option which creates it's boost thru out the RPM's range which I thought would be to much stress on my engine.  I like the idea of knowing the power is there if I need it or want it.  That's just my thinking on it and how I made my choice from what I read seems the procharger is not the first or second choice for trucks but it checked all the boxes for me. 

Well got the giant box open and after getting rid of the amazing amount of packaging (not a bad thing just a lot of it)  I figured you guys would like to know what is in the box.  The only things not pictured are the instruction booklet which by the way is very detailed color pages very easy to follow,  the modified radiator shroud that was a plus instead of having to cut the oem, and the package of stickers and licence plate frame. 

Well that's the only picture you guys/girls are getting.  Apparently taking a picture of even 1 piece of tubing is to big of a file for te website 4.88mb is max allowed (lol) so sorry I tried but you get 7 packages of tubing rigid and rubber, the main bracket and sub bracket including spacers and hardware, the oil plus a 3 pack of extra oil, the intercooler that ways a ton btw, new ECU bracket, and the 2 things in picture above.  Sorry can't include other pictures I'll try to find a way to shrink the size. 

Got the sub bracket installed,  main bracket attaches to this part.  Anyone considering this kit I'll tell you now you need to be a little creative getting the 2 lower bolts in. I used very long needle nose to hold bolts and get them in.  Also need short Allen key only about 1.5 inches between bolts and water pump 

155700945109929903202.jpg

And the bracket I can't show you because your not allowed to take pictures with your phone and upload them on here.  Please if some one knows how to upload pictures let me know I'd love to share may help some one at some point. 

And the bracket I can't show you because your not allowed to take pictures with your phone and upload them on here.  Please if some one knows how to upload pictures let me know I'd love to share may help some one at some point. 

Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Hbbambislayer said:

Yes and yes.  Decided on procharger because I usually drive like old man but every now and than I like to pass someone on the highway,  with that being said the procharger doesn't create boost until your in the mid to high ranges of RPM's 3000ish and up even at 3000 your not making much boost it increases as RPM's increase that was more appealing to me than having the Whipple/Magnuson option which creates it's boost thru out the RPM's range which I thought would be to much stress on my engine.  I like the idea of knowing the power is there if I need it or want it.  That's just my thinking on it and how I made my choice from what I read seems the procharger is not the first or second choice for trucks but it checked all the boxes for me. 

Very interested to see how this turns out.  May I ask what the ballpark cost is beginning to end?