I’ve currently had my 2019 Silverado for 2 months and it currently has 4500 miles on it. The front brake pads are at 50% and the rear are at 75% . I never slam on the brakes and as I drive it feels as if it’s sliding back and forth . 

Chevy truck pads have always impressed me. I got around 70k+ on first set of fronts my last two Silverado's. And when it did come time to change I went right to the dealer for pads instead of auto parts store.  Hopefully its the same for 19's? 

Edited by Minnvmax

OH GOD YES. I am experiencing a slight resistance in my drive. It feels like i was towing something. Almost like the calipers were stuck or squeezing most of the time. So I'm playing around with the buttons and I check my brake life status and at only 3200 miles my brake life is reading at 66%. I took it in to the dealer with this concern and it even dropped to 65% as I drove in the service bay. They tested it and said they didn't feel any abnormality and that maybe the sensors were giving a false reading. Oh and I also brought up that horrible hard shifting everyone else is experiencing (5.3 8spd). And an engine knocking when idling on a cold start. Anyway going back to the brakes, they reset the percentage to 100% said my pads were fine. Ok. Now 1200 miles later I'm down to 69% and that's AFTER they reset it to 100% at the 3200. If they hadn't reset it I'm assuming I'd be at a what? 34% reading? 

IMG-20190417-WA0011 (1).jpg

20190511_211149.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bad news. Even after they reset my brake pad life to 100% at 3200 miles. Guess what. It went down to 15% at only 6500 miles. But NOTHING is wrong with it according to the service department. So they swapped out the pad life sensor and reset it again to 100% to shut me up and well, we'll see what happens.

20190619_163109.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, Bigduffone said:

I believe there is a way you can delete this option from your info center.  

Obviously it’s bullshit.  Mine went 10 percent in 1500 miles and I had a Ford Taurus Police Interceptor that went about 90000 before it needed pads!!

I turned mine off under settings in the info center because I had the same problem. It’s as easy as unclicking the box.