A/c not sorta cold

ProvokedSavage

Question

So I’ve done everything to my a/c system and last week when to a guy he hooked up his snap-on computer and figure out the problem. My A/c cabin temperature sensor is bad. Thing is I can’t find it anywhere. 82d97ceae928ddee1534a75954412af8.jpg

I don’t know if he it looks like that but that’s the one it shows for my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 answers to this question

Couldn't find it in aldata so googled it. I always thought this location was for a microphone. The thread is for older gm trucks,but I bet the location hasn't changed over the years.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Esilveradosierra%2Ecom%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ft%3D298777&share_tid=298777&share_fid=17086&share_type=t

• Like 1

'07-up new body, right in the headliner by your left ear, as mentioned. No idea what year your truck is ... but if it's '13 or older, it'll be there. Couldn't tell you about '14-up models.

It's a 1" round, vented plastic cover - looks like a tiny speaker grille, with a bunch of vent holes in it.

The bigger question is, do you have automatic HVAC? If not, you don't even have the sensor.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

No mines manual. And I took it to a mechanic and he hooked up his snap-on computer and figured out the problem. The air cabin sensor is reading that the temperature inside the cabin is 33 degrees that’s why the compressor keeps cycling on and off. I switch the a/c refringent sensor and have notice a slight improvement.

Strange that it even has a temp sensor. I wouldn't expect that.  Are you talking about the low pressure cutoff switch on the side of the accumulator under the hood?

Cycling on and off is normal operation ... however, short-cycling is not.

No not the low and high pressure switch in the hood.
And and I know it’s normal for the compressor to cycle on and off but it dose it was to frequent and I live in Miami which sometimes it’s 90 degrees outside. I’ve switch mostly everything on the ac under the hood everything brand new.
When I search up cabin a/c temperature sensor this one pops out. I’ll post the picture below. fae8228a344ca46d2b7e512388c4eadd.jpg

We had a 2010 W/T and the a/c was freezing up and not cooling after about 5 minutes.  It turned out to be the evaporator temp sensor.  We had to take it to the dealer as it involved dropping the dash to get to the sensor.  

On 13/05/2019 at 11:24 AM, ProvokedSavage said:

No not the low and high pressure switch in the hood.
And and I know it’s normal for the compressor to cycle on and off but it dose it was to frequent and I live in Miami which sometimes it’s 90 degrees outside. I’ve switch mostly everything on the ac under the hood everything brand new.
When I search up cabin a/c temperature sensor this one pops out. I’ll post the picture below. fae8228a344ca46d2b7e512388c4eadd.jpg

On high humidity days you use up all the cold air getting the water out of the air.  Setting it to recirc will correct the issue pretty quickly.  Problem then is itchy eyes and dry throat.. 

How much did he want to change the sensor? If it was under $100 - $125 have him fix it and watch him to get the location. Then you can post the results and location, mine needs one as well, and GM has too many parts/sensors/relays that look alike for me to spend my retirement disabled time to look for it.

So my problem was fixed guys. I had to cut a hole on the evaporator locates on the passenger side. You need to take the air bad out to work better and just cut a hole by the bottom where you
Can dismount the sensor that goes clip on inside there. After that I literally sealed all the holes I made with flex tape and yes finally I have cold air. 7b05fa300bf3641024204d83f59ba5f9.jpg