2019 TrailBoss Rotors & Brake pads

Hey guys, Im currently searching for aftermarket Rotors and Brake pads but can’t find any so far. My brake pads are at 45% currently. Any Suggestion on rotors or pads  and is warranty suspended on vehicle if I install this aftermarket pieces? 

thanks! 

Edited by TrailDemon

Are you going by the readout or have you actually looked at them? Some guys are showing really fast degradation on the readout but it is not accurate when physically looking at the pads. How many miles do you have on the truck?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Warranty isn't voided unless they can definitively prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure.

That said the OEM GM rotors are actually very good. What are you looking for? Slotted and/or Cross drilled?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 5/20/2019 at 12:39 PM, JR09country said:

Are you going by the readout or have you actually looked at them? Some guys are showing really fast degradation on the readout but it is not accurate when physically looking at the pads. How many miles do you have on the truck?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

+1 on not going by the digital readout.  At the rate mine is decreasing, I'll need new pads at 10k miles.

And you can certainly use aftermarket pads and rotors without violating the warranty.  But my last few trucks went 90,000+ miles before needing them, so that was not an issue.  If you are already needing brakes on a truck you bought last year, you are either putting on tons of miles and are past (or close) to even the extended warranty, or you are going by the digital readout which on many trucks is wildly inaccurate.

• Like 1

Stick with the gm duralife rotors. They won't rust out. I'd be surprised if you need rotors unless they are warped. My brake monitor also projects 1% for every 100 miles. So I will need new brakes by 10k miles. Yeah right. I drive mostly highway. These pads should last 40k miles minimum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wow i got over 4 years and 30+ thousand miles and still have like half the pads left on mine, how the heck are you guys in need of brakes on a 19? 

And i would not buy aftermarket unless you go top end like a big brake setup from Brembo or Baer, those slotted or drilled rotors on amazon are trash, they will rust out in a fraction of the time gm rotors will give you imo.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TrailDemon said:

I went over brake pads this weekend and front pads have plenty of life 60-75%. Dash is showing 15% 

9C961D86-754E-4620-B05F-41082880535D.jpeg

Yeah never go by the dash. They “say” it’s glitches but o swear they do it on purpose for people who don’t even check themselves! Thieves 

1 hour ago, BPVTB said:

Yeah never go by the dash. They “say” it’s glitches but o swear they do it on purpose for people who don’t even check themselves! Thieves 

A few years ago I had a Ram, and was in the dealership for some warranty repairs (a frequent thing in the life of a Ram owner) at about 55k miles. The service manager told me my front pads were almost to the metal and needed to be replaced right away, and the rear were not far behind. I asked them how much, was about $350.  Um, no. 

Went into a local Firestone shop I know and trust the next day, and told them to go ahead and replace all 4 pads. Didn’t tell them to check them, just go ahead and replace them. Got a call a few hours later and they told me I still had plenty of pad left, and that they could not ethically replace them at that time. Ended up getting another 35k miles out of those brakes. 

If if you go on a Ram forum you’ll see they call dealerships stealerships. It’s no joke. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scdaren said:

A few years ago I had a Ram, and was in the dealership for some warranty repairs (a frequent thing in the life of a Ram owner) at about 55k miles. The service manager told me my front pads were almost to the metal and needed to be replaced right away, and the rear were not far behind. I asked them how much, was about $350.  Um, no. 

Went into a local Firestone shop I know and trust the next day, and told them to go ahead and replace all 4 pads. Didn’t tell them to check them, just go ahead and replace them. Got a call a few hours later and they told me I still had plenty of pad left, and that they could not ethically replace them at that time. Ended up getting another 35k miles out of those brakes. 

If if you go on a Ram forum you’ll see they call dealerships stealerships. It’s no joke. 

This can be the case with any dealer or independent shop, and not just RAM.

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

This can be the case with any dealer or independent shop, and not just RAM.

Absolutely.  The good shops will demonstrate their trustworthiness over time -- like the Firestone shop calling me instead of just replacing the brakes like I had asked.  Not the first time they had done something like that for me, which is why I keep going back.  The Firestone on the other side of town, however, is awful.  By trying to scam me that dealership lost me for life, both for service and new vehicle purchases.  In fact I just bought a new Chrysler van for my wife last week.  We test drove there, but went elsewhere when we were ready to buy.

The good news with GM is that you can have your other branded GM serviced at any authorized GM dealer.

Time is money now days and convenience in some cases is priceless.

Even though I have a GMC , i take my truck to a more local Chevrolet dealer I trust for anything major that arises if I cannot handle the repair myself.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, TrailDemon said:

I still wish to upgrade rotors at least to improve stoping power

Can rotors improve stopping power generally? The only thing I've heard is rotors that distribute heat better, so they don't overheat under extreme conditions. But that only is going to make a difference with heavy towing on grades, or if you are doing track days in your truck.