2019 Almost two weeks

34 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I have 2300 miles on my RST and put the pedal to the floor twice this weekend for the first time since buying it new. 

My wife was with me the second time, and the V8 growl from 5-70mph on the interstate on ramp even made her giddy. :cool:

Have to try that on the wife. But I know my baby she is more of scaredy cat lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moend said:

that is why I bought my Silverado - was looking at those F-150s but it was $4320 more for a smaller engine - plus I am a sucker for good engine note - that V8 rumble just make the guy smile every time.

Oh I meant how unresponsive it was with regards to the steering and just the feel of the ride through the wheel.

i was very surprised with how quick the ford was. It would eat my ‘16 5.3 for breakfast. 

Hoping my ‘19 is a little more lively

45 minutes ago, tanner709 said:

Oh I meant how unresponsive it was with regards to the steering and just the feel of the ride through the wheel.

i was very surprised with how quick the ford was. It would eat my ‘16 5.3 for breakfast. 

Hoping my ‘19 is a little more lively

Yeah ford steering is a little on the heavy side. The 8 speed and 5.3 are a good combination. I owned 2 Silverados before this one 2000 with 4 speed and that was a good one and a 2008 with 4 speed that felt like two speed (1. Lazy/bogged down, 2. Insane/mad) then when I was looking to get a 2013 ford had better deals and the 6 speed on the F150 was amazing. Now the 8 speed is just made the 5.3 a world different. And I agree with you 3.5ecoboost with 10 speed will eat any gm 1/2 for breakfast. Cheers!

10 hours ago, Moend said:

Yeah ford steering is a little on the heavy side. The 8 speed and 5.3 are a good combination. I owned 2 Silverados before this one 2000 with 4 speed and that was a good one and a 2008 with 4 speed that felt like two speed (1. Lazy/bogged down, 2. Insane/mad) then when I was looking to get a 2013 ford had better deals and the 6 speed on the F150 was amazing. Now the 8 speed is just made the 5.3 a world different. And I agree with you 3.5ecoboost with 10 speed will eat any gm 1/2 for breakfast. Cheers!

yeah. Unfortunately I'm still in a  6speed, due to cost saving reasons. But I had no complaints regarding fuel/power/towing in the 5.3 6spd, except for being a little slow off the line.

Again, the 10spd in the ford makes the world of difference, just like the 8 does in our 5.3's. My friend recently purchased a 10spd 5.0L ford, upgrade from a 6spd 5.0, and he quotes the same change as you do. It's a different truck.

14 hours ago, Moend said:

I babied it till 1000k so today was the first time I floored it. But even if not floored the engine note is just music to my ears.

I pulled out of the parking lot and put maybe 10 miles on my truck and stomped on it up to 70. I never baby a new motor and i have never had one that burned oil. Seating those rings.

6 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

I pulled out of the parking lot and put maybe 10 miles on my truck and stomped on it up to 70. I never baby a new motor and i have never had one that burned oil. Seating those rings.

Haha. Fair enough. I am more of a calm driver I occasionally drive WOT but for the most part rpm is under 3000. And I always have my vehicle screen on the fuel economy screen trying to best myself lol

9 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

Yeah I think more gears are almost always better if they got dialed right. Because you will have a very low range and a high range so you are good at taking off or cruising. If memory serves me right I believe at 70mph my rpm was below 2000 rpm.  Plus it make a crappy rear diff ratio much more capable like the 2.23  

And I always have my vehicle screen on the fuel economy screen trying to best myself lol

Is there an active fuel economy screen? From what I can gather it's just the mpg displayed on the trip screens.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, sdkraemer said:

Is there an active fuel economy screen? From what I can gather it's just the mpg displayed on the trip screens.

Yes. Under the middle screen (info) you can edit it and add an active fuel economy screen. Its a bit different than what I am used to but I can take pictures today after work and post them up

9 hours ago, sdkraemer said:

IMG_20190529_170402.jpg

Just now, Moend said:

IMG_20190529_170402.jpg

9 hours ago, sdkraemer said: