Surprise! Chevy drops 2021 Trailblazer Out Of Nowhere

Zane

2021-Chevrolet-TrailblazerRS-01.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com

May 30th, 2019

Chevrolet is getting innovative, launching an all new crossover with the legendary Trailblazer name by surprise yesterday. Taking a cue from Jeep, Chevy is going to sell two Blazers in 2021, just like there's two Cherokee. One big, one small. The new Trailblazer will slot in between the compact Trax and Equinox.

Details are sparce right now with only these two photos being released. Chevy says the Trailblazer will come with a suite of safety and technology features but declines to gives any powertrain or pricing information as of yet. 

Stay tuned to GM-Trucks.com for more information about the 2021 Chevy Trailblazer. 

2021-Chevrolet-TrailblazerRS-02.jpg

Chevrolet's Press Release

CHEVROLET DEBUTS ALL-NEW 2021 TRAILBLAZER, GROWS BRAND’S SUV FAMILY
Trailblazer enters one of the fastest-growing SUV segments

DETROIT — The Trailblazer joins the Chevrolet portfolio in early 2020, and with this new entry Chevrolet offers customers one of the broadest lineups of crossovers and SUVs. Positioned between the Trax and Equinox, the 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer will join the fast-growing small SUV segment.

“The Trailblazer’s great design enables more personalization,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “Trailblazer is a continuation of the design language for Chevy’s crossover family and extends our momentum into one of the industry’s fastest-growing segments.”

The Chevrolet Trailblazer will include an RS trim with standard two-tone roof that allows drivers to purchase a vehicle that reflects their lifestyle.

The Trailblazer’s unique individuality is paired with standard active safety features* including Front Pedestrian Braking, Automatic Emergency Braking and Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning. It also offers optional Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera, Rear Park Assist and a High Definition Rear Vision Camera that provides additional assistance to customers while parking.

“These features deliver added confidence and peace of mind behind the wheel, helping drivers monitor the vehicle’s surroundings and the driving environment with an available combination of camera, short-range radars and ultrasonic sensors,” said Majoros.

Product specifications and pricing will be shared later. The new Trailblazer is expected to start arriving at dealers in early 2020

• Zane changed the title to Surprise! Chevy drops 2021 Trailblazer Out Of Nowhere
1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

So this new Trailblazer must be slightly smaller than the current Blazer?

I'd say. Apparently smaller than the Equinox as well. Should be interesting to see how this stacks up against the Cherokee and Kona. 

Methinks the only Trails this thing will Blaze is into urban parking garages.  GM seems to be using all of their 'legendary' names up on these new CUV (cuck utility vehicle?) soy-boy/soccer-mom mobiles.  Wonder what they've got up their sleeve next--maybe using the revered Chevelle SS nameplate for the next replacement for the Sonic, which will probably have a 2-stroke hybrid powerplant?

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wonder what will be coming out since GM has a Jeep Wrangler at their proving grounds getting a base line.  It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of that testing.

This Trailblazer might be a seller if the price stays reasonable.

9 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Methinks the only Trails this thing will Blaze is into urban parking garages.

Same for about 90% of Jeep Cherokees and so many Jacked up Wranglers with 22" wheels ! 

• Like 1

Interesting little truck.  Too bad it just doesn't replace the pile that is the Trax, rather supplements the space between Trax and Equinox.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've got GM licked on this whole "we will keep building cars, just kidding we are going the way Ford is going" on replacing their cars with CUV/SUV options.  I thank Motor Trend for turning on the light in my brain with this piece they did:  https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/impala/2019/sunset-of-the-sedan/

Chevrolet Line-up as to where I think it all falls:

Trax = Will eventually replace Sonic/Spark.

Trailblazer = Replaces Cruze.

Equinox = Will eventually replace Malibu.

Blazer = Replaces Impala

That article, and the intro of the Trailblazer were the puzzle pieces that put it together for me. 

Real question is....   do either the Blazer or Upcoming Trailblazer have.........???

1.) Hovercraft Mode

2.) Mountain Climbing Mode

3.) Rock Crawler Mode

4.) It's A Jeep Thing Mode

Like the Cherokee????

:crackup:

• Like 1

Real question is....   do either the Blazer or Upcoming Trailblazer have.........???

1.) Hovercraft Mode

2.) Mountain Climbing Mode

3.) Rock Crawler Mode

4.) It's A Jeep Thing Mode

Like the Cherokee????

:crackup:

Well they are copying dodge I want a 5.7 hemi In almost every vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk