Car seats

Anyone have suggestions for rear facing car seats that fit well in the double cab!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was able to make a Maxi-cossi fit in my double cab. There aren't many that will rear face on the passenger side. You need something semi narrow and short. A large car seat like the Graco 4ever wont fit. Wish they would have put the latches in the center seat. I ended up rear facing on the center seat with the belt. The diono is a great forward facing car seat, but didn't fit well rear facing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Good luck with your search!  I had an F150 Supercab and with a Recaro rear facing seat for my first son.  My wife was literally on the dash board.  That car seat was massive.  Super safe but really inconvenient.  Hence why I own a Sierra crew cab now.   I think Recaro stopped making seats.

Costco usually has some decent seats for sale. 

The question you have to ask yourself is how many kids are you planning on having and how long are you planning on keeping your truck. I would have loved to buy a crew cab, but I didn't want to spend the money for a 1 year inconvenience. My wife needed a new car and mine was only 2 years old. We dealt with it for just over a year and flipped her around as soon as she was big enough. This was only really an issue between when she out grew the bucket and when she could be forward facing which was about a year. Now it isn't an issue. The belted booster is awesome for small backseats.

The question you have to ask yourself is how many kids are you planning on having and how long are you planning on keeping your truck. I would have loved to buy a crew cab, but I didn't want to spend the money for a 1 year inconvenience. My wife needed a new car and mine was only 2 years old. We dealt with it for just over a year and flipped her around as soon as she was big enough. This was only really an issue between when she out grew the bucket and when she could be forward facing which was about a year. Now it isn't an issue. The belted booster is awesome for small backseats.

Only one year?

I'm pretty sure the new "guidelines" recommend keeping the rear facing car seat until they're 15 and can have a learner's permit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Only one year?

I'm pretty sure the new "guidelines" recommend keeping the rear facing car seat until they're 15 and can have a learner's permit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

It is a booster seat till they are 15. [emoji3]

We left her backwards facing till she was 2. It was only about a year between the bucket and forward facing.

I have two Britax Marathon type seats from Target and Amazon.  These are relatively big and I dont think they'd be a great fit unless forward facing.  Rear facing they would possibly fit, but your wife will be resting her elbows on your dash.  The back of the car seat touches the passenger seat headrest, but the passenger seat is in a normal comfortable seating position with ample leg room.  This crappy picture taken in the rain is of my crew cab.  

The seat in the center might be your best bet as you can have the back hang into the gap between the seats.  If theres no anchors for the middle, could you use the inner anchors from either side seat and secure it that way?  If I use the anchors only in the rear right seat like pictured, I still have to use the top strap to keep the seat secure (you can see it in the picture attached under the passenger seat rail).  

20190604_080734.thumb.jpg.290a0e0e7031baa848b4d9d742d77542.jpg