Bilstein 6112 installed!

2 hours ago, Red_5 said:

Overall my experience with Battleborn was positive, I’d buy from them again based on that.

The main reason I went with Battleborn in the first place is that they’re a sponsor of this forum so I wanted to support those who support the forum. What do you mean about the warranty? Why would there be problem buying from Battleborn?

I agree which is why I originally ordered there, and mostly the price. However, at least with 4WP, i know the warranty will be backed up. Who knows if the people with two websites that are identical and who didn't respond to my order until a week after I canceled through my CC, two weeks after the original order. Not my type of business. 

2 hours ago, Red_5 said:

My 6112s finally arrived 2 days late and apparently with inadequate packing material. These things sure are beefy.

55DA6B88-E33F-407A-BC4B-0798EBE54BED.jpeg

Yeah, when I opened mine up and held the strut of the 6112 against the 5100 I had for the rear, it was like wow. Tube is much stouter, springs are beefy. You sticking  with #4 setting and rear block? 

11 hours ago, Pivot said:

Yeah, when I opened mine up and held the strut of the 6112 against the 5100 I had for the rear, it was like wow. Tube is much stouter, springs are beefy. You sticking  with #4 setting and rear block? 

I was surprised by how much bigger they are than the 5160s I bought. 

Since these arrived late, I missed my window to install and can't now for about 2 weeks so I'll have more time to think about it. I bought the slightly larger blocks already so I'm still leaning toward the highest setting on the for the front.

Still liking yours?

Yes, 5160 is same as 5100, just adds a reservoir. 

Good luck waiting 2 weeks, you'll keep second guessing which setting. Don't think you can go wrong with 3rd or 4th setting. Can't recall if your end goal was larger tires or just to lift the front end/level. I think I would be happy either way. 

I'm still liking mine. I never liked how low the front end is on a high country with z60 suspension. 

I'm having a hell of a time trying to pick rims. Originally wanted Black with machined/blade cut/milled look. I think I have to much chrome and it might look odd. I don't want to start changing out nerf bars and door handles. Starting to think I can't go wrong with chrome wheels. Tons of conflicting info on what tire size will work. Hoping to save $$$ and order wheels, tires, tpms,lugs and balance online. I can go into it saying I'll make them fit. Removing lower air dam and some zip ties is no big deal. Want to avoid cutting metal. 

• Like 1

I think they offer a great deal, still amazed how cheap they are for a 2.7” shock.   Unless you need adjustability, bigger lift, or are competitive desert racing these seem to be a great option.   I hit potholes and speedbumps for fun now just to feel them soak it all up.   No bounce, no squat.

4 hours ago, 99bluebird said:

I think they offer a great deal, still amazed how cheap they are for a 2.7” shock.   Unless you need adjustability, bigger lift, or are competitive desert racing these seem to be a great option.   I hit potholes and speedbumps for fun now just to feel them soak it all up.   No bounce, no squat.

What do you have in the rear? 

I really want the 6112's but it's hard to justify 3x the price. 

Anyone who installed these come from 5100 up front? If so, how do they compare in feel and response? Still debating if I should stick with 5100 or shovel out the extra to get the 6112's. 

I currently have 21k on my NHT shocks and they are very bobble head and bouncy feeling. 

23 hours ago, madsen203 said:

Anyone who installed these come from 5100 up front? If so, how do they compare in feel and response? Still debating if I should stick with 5100 or shovel out the extra to get the 6112's. 

I currently have 21k on my NHT shocks and they are very bobble head and bouncy feeling. 

+1 on this question. My 14' had the 5100's on the 3rd setting (loved em) and they lasted 100K+ miles before I replaced em....

Now I don't know if I should stick with a proven product or fork over the extra cash for the 6112's on my new 18 (#memorialdaysavings) :)

I think 6112's would benefit the true Off-Roader for the extra cost. Unless you just want the premium Coil-Over look.

Sounds like there is not a night and day between the two daily driving on the street.

Maybe other reports in the future will shed some more light on major differences.

12 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I think 6112's would benefit the true Off-Roader for the extra cost. Unless you just want the premium Coil-Over look.

Sounds like there is not a night and day between the two daily driving on the street.

Maybe other reports in the future will shed some more light on major differences.

I scanned some Toyota forums about the difference as they have more folks modding the trucks. Everyone speaks highly of the 6112 in comparison to the 5100’s. I’m hard pressed to spend the extra $400. Cheap AF, I know. 

• 2 months later...

I finally was able to install the 6112s on highest setting up front and 5160s along with a slightly taller rear block yesterday. I haven’t had much time to drive it, only maybe 10 miles but it’s definitely an improvement over stock. Still rides like a truck, I have E load range BFG K02s at 50psi, but recovers quicker after bumps and the hits on bigger small bumps don’t seem as harsh. I haven’t had a chance to go off road or hit any speed bumps where I’m hoping the new shocks will shine.

BTW, the wheels/tires don’t seem to look as small in person as they do in the pic. These tires have about 42k miles on them and I’ll likely go a little bigger with the next set.

Truck has nearly 43k miles and the stock NHT package shocks were still functional.

2BD783DC-5F2C-4B10-9E9B-6164D27611B5.jpeg

Edited by Red_5
  • Like 1