2020 Silverado 2500hd

I was invited to drive the new 2020 Silverados on June 15-16 in Bend Oregon.  I’m signed up as a Chevy Truck Legend and I was 1 of 15 to drive the Silverados with the 6.6 diesel, 6.6 gas, and the 3.0 diesel. It was awesome!!  We did a lot of miles and spent some serious time with the trucks even before the press got to do the same thing!

1AB8A39E-2844-4E71-8527-B23AC78921DE.jpeg

FF5C5D89-9B13-40C3-A125-D701F68A0592.jpeg

Edited by Captainmc
Added picture
  • Like 3

So I hated it at first.  Now that I'm starting to see some "real" photo's I'm starting to like the look.  Basically from any angle EXCEPT straight on.  Something about the straight on look doesn't work for me..but otherwise I think people will come around.  I appreciate something different than the same old designs year after year...

I'm thinking some wider offset wheels will make this thing look much better from the front.

I’ve seen them in person, it’s not terrible, not great though. I think it’s a marketing scheme to get people to buy high country.lolol..which looks good imo. Overall I wasn’t “wowed” by the truck. Don’t like how the dash is pushed up into the firewall. Layout is nice though, for some reason the LTZ interior just doesn’t look and feel nicer than my 17 LTZ. Seems like they went back to more plastic. Rear vents and rear heat are nice. Hood struts were a nice touch. In the grand scheme of things I think they built up the hype a lil, I wasn’t blown away.

1 hour ago, kenny_r said:

I’ve seen them in person, it’s not terrible, not great though. I think it’s a marketing scheme to get people to buy high country.lolol..which looks good imo. Overall I wasn’t “wowed” by the truck. Don’t like how the dash is pushed up into the firewall. Layout is nice though, for some reason the LTZ interior just doesn’t look and feel nicer than my 17 LTZ. Seems like they went back to more plastic. Rear vents and rear heat are nice. Hood struts were a nice touch. In the grand scheme of things I think they built up the hype a lil, I wasn’t blown away.

42CBB2A5-55B0-4900-9872-41933A929021.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

I've seen pics; I want to hear how the new tranny works.  I really want it to be awesome. :)

GM claims in testing that the Duramax with the new 10spd out accelerated the 1000lb torque version of the Ram pulling 18000 pounds.  From a 0 start and rolling acceleration.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 9:13 AM, CRApex said:

GM claims in testing that the Duramax with the new 10spd out accelerated the 1000lb torque version of the Ram pulling 18000 pounds.  From a 0 start and rolling acceleration.

At the end of the day, acceleration is based on horse power, or the ability to do work over time.  I'm not surprised.

I think the "issue" with the front end of the new Silverado is the painted trim that wraps around the headlamps on all models except the High Country.  That and the spelled out Chevrolet across the grille.  On the High Country the grille travels all the way to the headlamp and in my opinion, takes the emphasis away from the lamps.  The traditional emblem on the HC grille also looks MUCH better.  I think if all the grilles were designed like the High Country, there would be much less controversy with it.  I personally like the look of the High Country front end and might even prefer it over the GMC.  The lower trims starting with the LTZ just don't work for me, maybe they'll look better in person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRApex said:

I think the "issue" with the front end of the new Silverado is the painted trim that wraps around the headlamps on all models except the High Country.  That and the spelled out Chevrolet across the grille.  On the High Country the grille travels all the way to the headlamp and in my opinion, takes the emphasis away from the lamps.  The traditional emblem on the HC grille also looks MUCH better.  I think if all the grilles were designed like the High Country, there would be much less controversy with it.  I personally like the look of the High Country front end and might even prefer it over the GMC.  The lower trims starting with the LTZ just don't work for me, maybe they'll look better in person.

Same here. I liked the High Country treatment the best. The GMC looks good in all trims, but I can't get used to the lights on each fender well. That should be a delete-able option on the Sierra HDs.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:33 AM, ShotgunZ71 said:

Same here. I liked the High Country treatment the best. The GMC looks good in all trims, but I can't get used to the lights on each fender well. That should be a delete-able option on the Sierra HDs.

Agree on the fender well lights.  They really stick out (in a bad way) on certain colors, and totally unnecessary.  That said, I’m sure there are many that will want them which would make it logical to have them as an option on the Silverado as well.