Squeaky belt or pulley on 6.2 HC

On 11/23/2021 at 12:03 PM, Moledigger2019 said:

Any one have black belt residue on the top of the block in front of the intake manifold. Had my belt replaced at 70k no more squeak.  Dealer said it could be a pully alignment issue. Looks like the alternator pully is wearing on belt.

Yup.  Mine went at 40k.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:15 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, everyone. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important us. Our team is always happy to reach out to your dealership to discuss any concerns you may have. To get started, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC.

Aleigha W. 

LMAO!!!

On 10/31/2022 at 11:28 AM, Cantrell said:

Mine started the belt chirp noise when I got it back from the lifter repair.  They corrected both sides with push rods, lifters and springs.  It wasn't near as bad then as it is now.  I should have raised concern then but I didn't.  Now I am at 37k miles.  I'll check for the belt residue and probably just start purchasing parts.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Cantrell.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Silverado 6.2 Trail Boss. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Cantrell/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 9 months later...

I leased a 2023 At4 1500 built in mexico in june of 2023. I noticed the chirp since day 1 and it is all of the above mentioned. Under low loads, low rpms, and startups. Im noticing it more frequently and it sounds like its under the cab rather than under the hood. I have just under 3k and thinking its time to do something about it. I dont have a reliable or trustworthy dealer near me. I drove an hr away to pick this truck up and traded in my 2023 canyon at4 i owned for 1 month. That is another problematic truck story. Thanks for the info. I feel a little better knowing its not just me having this issue. Some of the answers have me feeling a little worse lol uggg. Ive leased 3 other sierras and they're progressively getting worse and more expensive. My 2018 sierra all-terrain x was $50k msrp

Edited by Juddmann