Squeaky belt or pulley on 6.2 HC

Picked mine up today, they couldn’t fix the noise....they could repeat the noise but couldn’t repair.  Here are the notes.  They started aTAC case and I asked how to check in on any progress, they told me it was internal with GM and they would update me when there is information. Upside....they aligned my bed and it looks better.....down side they scratched my door and it has to go back to the body shop

34C050F7-ACA3-4F46-B9C9-9BA71BC465A5.jpeg

15 hours ago, BeardBros said:

Update 9/6/19. I got my truck back last week on 8/28/19 with the new transmission. It did not fix the problem. I still hear the squeak, it is much less pronounced but I still hear it. So we decided to run the truck for a few thousand miles and see how the squeak progresses, then we will reassess it.  My dealerships service dept. is top notch and they mostly work on trucks which is 75% of their sales so they know them well. I personally know all the mechanics and the owners of the dealership as I do business with them on a daily basis, so I can trust everything they tell me about what is going on. We are going to keep working on finding the source of the squeak and I will update this thread as we go along. I love the truck and everything else about it is great. So for right now I just have to crank Metallica everywhere I go, which isn't a bad thing.

Sorry to hear that. My dealership told me it’s the pressure control valve & found it using chassis ears. Might be worth it to have them try that if they haven’t already when you take it back in.

C2BF24B8-3D27-4043-B89D-EB1F0AE54A9C.thumb.jpeg.4518d48a449bf79776e96a8a42824b55.jpeg

Edited by Wheelguy

41 minutes ago, FishHuntRepeat said:

Picked mine up today, they couldn’t fix the noise....they could repeat the noise but couldn’t repair.  Here are the notes.  They started aTAC case and I asked how to check in on any progress, they told me it was internal with GM and they would update me when there is information. Upside....they aligned my bed and it looks better.....down side they scratched my door and it has to go back to the body shop

34C050F7-ACA3-4F46-B9C9-9BA71BC465A5.jpeg

I’d urge you to have your dealership to try using some chassis ears on the PCV pipe & see if that’s from where the noise is coming. See my other posts in this thread. Nothing in your report shows they used those find the source of the noise. Not implying everyone is having the same issue but would be nice for them to check it out. If they can’t, take it to a dealer that can.

115682E0-333D-4FCC-9814-649CBEF582CF.thumb.jpeg.a14d08b9ff0e75c5ece51ccbbc34cb06.jpeg

Edited by Wheelguy

On 9/6/2019 at 7:59 AM, BeardBros said:

Update 9/6/19. I got my truck back last week on 8/28/19 with the new transmission. It did not fix the problem. I still hear the squeak, it is much less pronounced but I still hear it. So we decided to run the truck for a few thousand miles and see how the squeak progresses, then we will reassess it.  My dealerships service dept. is top notch and they mostly work on trucks which is 75% of their sales so they know them well. I personally know all the mechanics and the owners of the dealership as I do business with them on a daily basis, so I can trust everything they tell me about what is going on. We are going to keep working on finding the source of the squeak and I will update this thread as we go along. I love the truck and everything else about it is great. So for right now I just have to crank Metallica everywhere I go, which isn't a bad thing.

took mine in for same problem squeal at start up,recalls and an oil change they tell me the sqeal is normal and they r changing oil well they go to back it out truck wont move trans problem..i now drive a 4 cyl Silverado while my 6.2 high country rests 

• 5 months later...

Anyone find the source of the problem? Has anyone changed the pcv to see if the sound is reduced? Two different GM engineers have looked at my truck at different times and cannot duplicate the problem. GM has not referenced the pcv issue as a potential source. As you all know, it is easily heard when fluttering the pedal or under load and low rpm. GM will also not allow me to talk to the engineer or show them a video. It is obvious to me GM knows exactly what the problem is but do not want to fix it. I cannot imagine the problem will go away by itself.

Edited by Sierradenali123
Update

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important us. Our team is always happy to reach out to your dealership to discuss any concerns you may have. To get started, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/ GM Trucks with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC.

Aleigha W. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having the same squeaking sound (really bad at start up and disappears after 20 seconds)...doesn’t totally disappear and can be heard at light throttle or sitting in a drive through next to a brick building.  Surely there is a fix for this!   2019 6.2 AT4

I’m having the same squeaking sound (really bad at start up and disappears after 20 seconds)...doesn’t totally disappear and can be heard at light throttle or sitting in a drive through next to a brick building.  Surely there is a fix for this!   2019 6.2 AT4

Get under your truck at startup and you might find it coming from the driver side middle area. I’m guessing that’s the fuel whatever making the noise? That’s where mine comes from anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro