Squeaky belt or pulley on 6.2 HC

Took mine in to the dealership for the second time today for the chirping noise. I had recorded the noise so they could hear it. Dealership said they got my truck to make the noise and GM made them stop the repair because they don’t have a fix for it yet. They told me it was from the front axles so I guess I will have to wait for a  fix.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:48 PM, ODINAF said:

I have a 2019 gmc sierra at4 5.3  and the dealership recently changed the harmonic balancer on mine under warranty and that fixed the squeaking/ chirping sound it was making 

So the chirping squeaking noise we are being told by GM that “it’s normal” was fixed by replacing the harmonic balancer? How did you get the service department to fix it instead of feeding you some bullshit excuses? 

Edited by EricTheRed

Long story short a good friend of mine who is a mechanic that has worked at the dealership over 15 years checked the truck for me and saw that the balancer was starting to push out and the belt was also starting to tear, he said the balancer wasn't aligned with the other pulleys, so he called up the dealership and talked to the service department and told them what was wrong with it and what needed to be fixed and they checked to make sure it was covered under warranty so they called me told me to take it in and they replaced harmonic balancer put a new bolt, seal and belt under warranty and now it's quiet and no more squeaking/ chirping 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

21 trail boss with the 6.2l 10 speed 2900mi here. Same issue, squeals all the time at cruising speeds and low RPM.  Also slightly on cold start. I will mention the balancer when I bring it in for its first service! Who thought a squealing noise could bring all these emotions out of so many people. Anger, disappointment, despair. It’s Crazy that gm won’t take it more seriously. I’m already debating if I’ll keep the truck after warranty…got a few years for something to fail I guess

Customer service is no longer a thing these days. Hopefully there will be some aftermarket support that’ll supply parts to silence the squeaky GM crap. Does anyone know if there’s an aftermarket harmonic balancer out there for me to test out?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 10:46 PM, ODINAF said:

I'm ready to change the shocks out now hate the bouncy feel everytime you hit bumps in the road. 

I just change my rear shocks and front struts from the stock Ranchos to new bilsteins all around on my 2021 1500 AT4 and it completely changed the ride for the better. No more back end hopping and dont feel bumksas much. I highly recommend them.

23 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

I just change my rear shocks and front struts from the stock Ranchos to new bilsteins all around on my 2021 1500 AT4 and it completely changed the ride for the better. No more back end hopping and dont feel bumksas much. I highly recommend them.

Which part number bilstein shocks for the back and the front? I don't know wich ones to get cause on the 5100's one says for trail boss only and the other 5100's say for 4x4 gmc but they have the same 0" to 1"  

Edited by ODINAF

2 hours ago, ODINAF said:

Which part number bilstein shocks for the back and the front? I don't know wich ones to get cause on the 5100's one says for trail boss only and the other 5100's say for 4x4 gmc but they have the same 0" to 1"  

What year an model truck do you have? I have a 2021 gmc 1500 AT4....I can tell you those parts numbers if you have the same truck? If not you can go bilsteins website and punch in your truck info.....i also called there tech support to confirm the model numbers for front and back. On the front I went with there complete coil/strut kit because they were a better strut and there coil is a little softer thn stock. It rides so nice now. 

22 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

What year an model truck do you have? I have a 2021 gmc 1500 AT4....I can tell you those parts numbers if you have the same truck? If not you can go bilsteins website and punch in your truck info.....i also called there tech support to confirm the model numbers for front and back. On the front I went with there complete coil/strut kit because they were a better strut and there coil is a little softer thn stock. It rides so nice now. 

It's a 2019 gmc sierra at4 but i don't think there's much difference from the suspension then your 2021, I can't wait to change mine out the ride quality sucks 

Edited by ODINAF

11 hours ago, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

I went with the front strut/coil kit part number 47-309524. And the 24-309516 for rears. Set the circlip on front struts to #3 setting and it leveled the front end almost perfect. Highly recommend them.

20210702_155026.jpg

Looks good thank you appreciate the help