Another Recall???

Hi all. I just had my 2017 LTZ in for the low speed brake issue and the service manager tells me there is another recall on the truck. This time its for the rear window defogger. I believe it only applies to power sliding rear windows. The cure was to pull the fuse for the rear defog so now it won't work. Doesn't seem like a proper fix to me. The description on my invoice reads "N192220470 Rear Window Defroster Thermal Events (Canada Only)" Anybody else have this or know anything about it??

Thanks.

18 hours ago, flyingfool said:

what was the deal on the low speed brakes?

This

18 hours ago, Codman67 said:

Pull the fuse that’s bs i use mine lots in the summer 

I believe they are pulling the rear defrost fuse not the slider fuse.

Hi all' yes the fuse that is pulled only affects the defrost function. The window will still open and close. Does anybody know what the sliding rear window defrost cost?

I've looked at my invoice and I think it was included in my LTZ PLUS package and is listed at $0.00. So I'm thinking about putting the fuse back in place. Will in burn???? Maybe??? It is insured and I like the 2019s

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-29 at 1:24 PM, e.p. said:

Hi all' yes the fuse that is pulled only affects the defrost function. The window will still open and close. Does anybody know what the sliding rear window defrost cost?

I've looked at my invoice and I think it was included in my LTZ PLUS package and is listed at $0.00. So I'm thinking about putting the fuse back in place. Will in burn???? Maybe??? It is insured and I like the 2019s

Itll just destroy one of your rear window segments.  Some trim will melt also

F150s have had this problem longer than chevys from what I've gathered and they've issued no recall so +1 for gm.  I e looked on some f150 forums and it seems to ne that debris caught in the sliding window or something else bends one of the contact tabs basically arcing across the larger gap and causing big time heat resulting in melted window trim and eventual glass smashery.That's my current conclusion which is subject to change.

I was called to bring in my 2018 Lt so they could pull the defrost fuse.  If I can adequately see the contacts and periodically inspect them I might just put the fuse back in as I use my rear defroster dammit!  We have cold temps up here.  

5 hours ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Just logged into Mygmc and the recall is listed for me. I'll prob just pull the fuse myself vs taking it into the dealer, time off work, etc. At least until a real fix is out. 

But do they need to document it was done and what not?

Maybe your dealer trusts you

Heck I'll donit myself too it's such a PITA taking it in to dealer

Edited by Tyy1907