Brake kick 2006 savanna

CraCra

Question

2006 GMC Savana 4.8 L 2500.

Failed braking system, power steering pump. My Power steering pump went out along with braking. originally diagnosed as a combo hydroboost/power steer problem, so a new hydro boost was installed. Also replaced master cylinder and replaced 4 power steering pumps, the last one was an AC Delco which has lasted the longest, 3 days. One of the problems has been pedal kickback which is still going on. Was thinking it was the wheel sensors so I disconnected the ABS but still have a slight problem with pedal kickback not as bad as it was before, but still have it.

Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

I have had the kickback both ways,air in hydraulics,or the brake system,when it's the brake system,I do what others online mentioned, drive on a loose material road,and slam the brakes, maybe one skids, maybe two,but you move air out of abs module,then bleed again,it does work,you just grab attention if someone is near by,time for explaining

• Haha 1

Has the power steering lines been flushed when you replaced the PS pumps (any of them)?  Maybe there is debris in the lines, that comes out and plays in the PS pumps, but the pumps don't like to play?

As well, are you sure the correct pin was used between the master cylinder and the hydroboost unit (I think that's where it is, or might be the rod between the brake pedal and the hydroboost)?  I've heard one of the rods can be the wrong length, and that messes up how the brake pedal feels/works.