Has anyone recently had issues with AndroidAuto not connected to their phone?  I've tried three different USB cables (all which charge the phone), reinstalled AA and removed all Bluetooth connections and reconnected the phone.  I suspect AA recently updated and now we are waiting on GM to update the infotainment system. When I touch AA on the screen it says, please connect a phone with AA app installed.  2019 Silverado RST with 8 inch infotainment, connecting a Samsung S8 with AA version 4.4.592344.  Yes, it had been working before, and one of the cables I tried was the one it previously functioned on.  

That has happened to me about 3 times with my S8. Restarting the phone worked 2 of the times. The other time, it fixed itself after the truck was off for a while which restarted the radio.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Pixel 2 on Android 9. No issues in 3 months. Works every time on LT trail boss. I have noticed AA seems much happier if you let the truck screens finish loading after staring before you plug in your phone. I usually give it 30 seconds or so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Remove the app from your phone, and then re-down load it from the app store. That often takes care of connection issues.

Second, make sure all the cables you are using are data capable cables, just not charge cables. Charge cables only allow a charge to go to the phone and do not carry data back from the phone to the radio system. The original cord that was working may have crapped out and the other two may not be data capable. Just something to check.  (Try using the original Samsung cable that came with the phone, those are always data cables).

As mentioned, make sure to let your radio finish booting up before plugging the phone into it.

Edited by Dpach

• 5 months later...

Having the same problem with my 2016 Silverado. I have replaced the cable, that didnt work. And yes I have a data cable. Took it to the dealer and the couldn't get it to work either. Dealer checked  and the software is up to date. I have deleted the android auto app and reinstalled, that didnt work. Every once in a while it will just work so I suspect a bad cable or loose connection which does not explain why the phone still charges.

• 9 months later...

I just bought a 2020 gmc sierra with the 7 inch infotainment unit and android auto would not connect to my phone in addition to that we tried a different but similar 2020 truck on the lot and it couldn't connect either.Dealer is going to check the firmware. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2020 silverrado trail boss LT. I had a LG g8x with no issues at all and just got a Pixel 5A 5G and am having all sorts of issues. Over bluetooth my time doesn't sync with my phone and will often freeze on the chevy display even though the song is playing and then if I plug in the USB for android auto it will play audio only for the song that was on when I plugged it in then the audio goes silent when it starts to play the next song in the que after that it only plays if I say ok google, or I get a notification.