Android auto not connecting to display on 2016 Silverado

Android auto has stopped coming up in the console display on my 2016 Silverado.The app comes up on my phone when I connect to the USB port but will not display on the console, the phone does charge though. Google search says replace the cable for the phone, that didnt work. Took it to the Dealer and they have no idea either. Any help would be much appreciated!

Have you tried restarting the phone?  The last time I had that problem, I ended up parking, shutting the truck off and restarting the phone.  Once everything was restarted it worked.

Personally I found life easier to just use the bluetooth connection, especially since it connects itself whether or not the phone is plugged in.    Unless I want my navigation on the display, I don't bother using the Android Auto.  

I've gone through around 7 cables so far.  Grab a new cable, don't use an old one.  I seem to get around 6 months out of a cable before I have to replace it.  Also, check the port on the bottom of the phone itself.  One of my phones had a small layer of dirt, and the cable wasn't fully seating.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Sometime android auto projects after my wife sends me a text or a message through what's app. I have sent google several messages, but haven't been able to figure it out. The dealer said I should let them check the truck for updates.