Day time running lights LED's

Has any else noticed only one side LED light comes on?  I have noticed it a couple of times that only one side is on and noticed it on a couple of 10 trucks around me that only one was lit.  Mine did it the other day, I turned the truck off and turned it back on and it came on.  So is this a sensor or wiring issue?  Has anyone else noticed that only one light comes on and not both sides.  I am referring to the LED running lamps below the headlights.

21 minutes ago, Trailboss75 said:

Interesting, I did not know that.  I know tonight I had my blinker on for sure ( but also when the headlights came on with blinker, the DRL came back on as well), but the other time I don't remember, will definitely do some testing, thanks guys!

So you've never noticed all the vehicles, suv's, trucks on the road with DRL's that go off when the turn signals are on? That's interesting.

9 minutes ago, econometrics said:

The DRL LED will stay on when you use the turn signal and your headlamps are ON. That’s because the LED DRL brightness is reduced when the headlamps are on. 

Correct.

14 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Haven't heard of or seen this issue before. Like Silverado4x4 stated, if the turn signals are on the DRL's go off. All or most mfg.'s are like that.

Yep.  Federal requirement for 2017 and on, iirc.  Makes turn signal more visible. Also the same reason the got rid of amber turn signals.  Not as visible as red.  

I do believe the headlight in the side of the signal turns off as well on some vehicles, though I don't think it's a requirement.