I have a 2011 Silverado, last week I noticed a fuel smell, my brother looked at and thought it had to do with spark plugs... well, a week later, I found a gas spot under my truck. I have been watching very closely for leaks and what not. I changed my oil, air filter and rotated my tires last weekend and didn’t see any signs of leaking then. I need help! I have two kids that’s I transport daily and try to take good care of my truck. What could this be?! I took the best pictures I could while on break at work. Hopefully one of you has an idea of what it could be.

0B54531F-99C3-485E-92F2-9A8276C23B12.jpeg

569D646D-46D6-4E61-A39A-EEF69BD3DB03.jpeg

Edited by Sng1989
I added the wrong picture the first time.

Did you just fuel it up? If so,It's possible your rubber fill hose is split and leaking and got on the frame when you filled up. Kind of hard to tell from the pics, but that would be a good place to look. Our fleet up at work just had 2 come in this week for that issue. 

Okay, I do see a bit of rust around parts of your frame, and judging by your signature being up in PA, I would suspect the possibility of a fuel line and or fitting on top of the tank that could be rusted. I would take this to a shop where they can put it on a lift asap and get a better look. 

I have an appointment for next Friday, it’s the soonest they had, I think it is the fuel line going to the tank or the fuel pump. PA= too much salt and not enough car washes to keep it off in the winter! Thanks for responding, fellas!

Edited by Sng1989

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, Sng1989 said:

I have a 2011 Silverado, last week I noticed a fuel smell, my brother looked at and thought it had to do with spark plugs... well, a week later, I found a gas spot under my truck. I have been watching very closely for leaks and what not. I changed my oil, air filter and rotated my tires last weekend and didn’t see any signs of leaking then. I need help! I have two kids that’s I transport daily and try to take good care of my truck. What could this be?! I took the best pictures I could while on break at work. Hopefully one of you has an idea of what it could be.

So no Evap check engine light?

the best place to start is putting UV dye in the fuel tank 

Edited by bg1988

On 7/19/2019 at 11:26 PM, Sng1989 said:

I have an appointment for next Friday, it’s the soonest they had, I think it is the fuel line going to the tank or the fuel pump. PA= too much salt and not enough car washes to keep it off in the winter! Thanks for responding, fellas!

Didn't see this earlier, what became of the problem Shannon?