Can we talk about the omission of Adaptive Cruise Control

20 hours ago, BSK said:

I just bought a 2021 HD High County. I’m floored that this was not on my 80,000 truck. What a disappointment!

Ive noticed this on things.  No option on a 80k truck but yet they have it on a 40k SUV.  I get price points, engineering of systems etc and they all might have play.  But GMs option batching is terrible compared to rest tbh and up front.  Options make money  I can for one tell you 70%-80% Denali is the same as a work truck, and there is not 40k more in true value there just isnt.  but this where the big three make their money.

Don't want ACC and glad its not there.  I like the HUD as I have it on my 2018 Camaro but to spend 4K+ to get it and have a bunch of "safety" garbage I did not want.  So No Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2019 at 12:25 PM, CRApex said:

GM needs to make this an option. For the old schoolers who don’t want it, they don’t have to order it then.  For the rest of us, make it available and have it available and ready on the first release of the new models, not 6 months later on the 1/2 model year.  They did this to me on my 15 3500 with the nicer mirrors.  Those should have been ready when the truck was debuted.  This discussion actually makes me want to hold off And wait until they update the new trucks in 6 months.

That’s not how that works. If added it would be lumped into a safety package that would be required for a tech package. Sure you could get a work truck but you would miss out on all the niceties because you don’t want the adaptive cruise. 

One of the primary reasons I bought my 21 Sierra was because it didn’t have the features like that. My Kia has it and I’m up to about 25 near misses due to the “safety” features. If my HD truck slams on the brakes or turns the wheel when I’m not expecting it that could do a lot of damage to someone. I guess that’s the difference though. I pay attention to what’s around me and tell my car what to do accordingly. If you don’t want to have to pay attention to the road in my opinion you shouldn’t have a truck this large. 

I wouldn’t pay extra for it. I takes getting use to. You can adjust the sensitivity to it on our CRV. On two lane roads it pretty cool with traffic the speed varies. You have watch turn lanes it will hit the brakes when someone is moving over to make a turn. It comes down to sensitivity adjustments. 

6 hours ago, Hobbypro said:

That’s not how that works. If added it would be lumped into a safety package that would be required for a tech package. Sure you could get a work truck but you would miss out on all the niceties because you don’t want the adaptive cruise. 

Not rteally what I was saying. If it was actually available on a package when I bought you would be correct.  What I'm saying is they've had a history of adding options/features a half year into production.  I provided my example of the nicer mirrors  that came out 6 months later on my 2015 and it seemed like it might go that way again on my 2020 with adaptive cruise.  So far adaptive cruise hasn't happened and who knows if it ever will on the HD's.