Headlight Upgrade 2016-2018 HID

Has anyone found a decent upgrade for the headlights for the trucks with the D5S bulbs? I would love to either find a bulb that has a higher wattage or an LED conversion. All I have found is the morimotos that are $200 to up it by 10 watts. 

Mirimoto 35w hid with hylux ballast

Buy them from phil, his username on here is something that starts with the word “fast” website i believe is fastheadlights.com

i believe he has a forum discount

he’s the one that recommended the hylux ballast and I have been using them for over a year with oem reliability. I did a lot of research and it’s what I would use.

upgrading the projector is good too, but that’s more work

Edited by truckguy82

• 5 weeks later...

bought a '19 legacy so basicaly the same as an '18.These HID headlights are terrible.

The reflector headlights on my '14 were amazing with the right bulbs

Has anyone tried the 45w direct replacement morimoto bulbs?

Hoping FastWS6TA wiil respond to this thread

Edited by WNYK2

I had the DDM 5000k version of those morimotos, was a definite upgrade over factory, think it was about $200 off Amazon.  Had a few times where one bulb didn't fire, hate that.  Ended up going to this kit: https://www.distantxtremes.com/store/p1164/D5S-Hylux-HID-Upgrade-System.html#/  Got the hylux ballasts, was an easy install.  Lights are ever so slightly more blue at 5500k, but they are brighter and they have a bigger hotspot as compared to the old upgrade bulbs.  Really wanted to upgrade the projectors but after cutting the back of one of my headlights off I realized only way to do it on my 16 is to separate the lens which I'm not wanting to do.  So far two thumbs up on the Hylux kit.  Only beef is when I ordered they were on back order and I didn't know that until after I placed my order.  Took 2 weeks to get but showed up as described.  Pic shows DDM 35w bulb vs the kit.20190802_221016.thumb.jpg.967c833e60156296ab09e3719011214c.jpg