help...Multipro Tailgate Light Accessory

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone can help.  I ordered the lights for the tailgate but says i need to contact my dealer for installation instructions.  Can anyone that has access to the GM Service Info (SI) pull them for me?

part #84347814

for a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 LT- with off road package.  Short bed Crew cab

Thanks for any help!

It’s a pretty simple installation. Check my post here. Ignore the P/N difference. Instructions are attached at the bottom of the post if you’d rather not read my ramblings though I recommend it so you’ll be fully aware about disconnecting the existing harness plugged into the tailgate light. I was a bit surprised how much force it took to pull it off.

Hope this helps & good luck. Feel free to msg me if necessary.

Edited by Wheelguy
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

It’s a pretty simple installation. Check my post here. Ignore the P/N difference. Instructions are attached at the bottom of the post if you’d rather not read my ramblings though I recommend it so you’ll be fully aware about disconnecting the existing harness plugged into the tailgate light. I was a bit surprised how much force it took to pull it off.

Hope this helps & good luck. Feel free to msg me if necessary.

Thanks!!  Your write up was more useful.  the instructions pics look upside down, or maybe they did this form inside the bed?  

love this site, and the truck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, campinfamily said:

Thanks!!  Your write up was more useful.  the instructions pics look upside down, or maybe they did this form inside the bed?  

love this site, and the truck!

No problem. Glad it helped. I never really paid much attention to the pictures during my installation (had help from another member here) but yeah, they appear to be from inside the bed with the tailgate down & from inside the bed. I noticed the P/N was also different on the instructions as well.

Edited by Wheelguy

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, Ranchonodinero said:

Can you have lights and the kicker stereo system?

It appears that you can.  There are some rubber type plugs that are present where the lights should be.  I haven't ordered a kit, but I will.

• 2 months later...
On 2/23/2020 at 7:58 AM, Ranchonodinero said:

Can you have lights and the kicker stereo system?

Yes.  The kicker has two small rubber plugs you remove.  The LED light assemblies need to be removed from the "trays" that they come in with the kit, and the holes left by the rubber plugs are sized to hold the LEDs perfectly.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Five minute job my butt. Covers pulled off and I got connections disconnected. Harness that came with kit doesn’t plug in. The harness in the tail gate has a center key and slot in each connector. The harness with kit has key and slot offset to one side. Is there a different harness adapter available? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Confirmed - I finally got around to installing the lights I ordered and they come with a harness that allows you to install the lights concurrently with the kicker soundbar. Took me a while to get around to doing it then of course took about 5 minutes to get it installed (minus the 15 minute fight to get the clip disconnected from the existing connection).