Z71 Grille Emblem

They did something similar on SLT Z60 K2 trucks where on either fender near the top rear corner they put Z60 badges on, and one on the tailgate. Looked awesome. They did not do so for the Chevrolet version, although you can always buy them after the fact.

It's the little details that make all the difference sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MacLaren said:

As mentioned before in another thread, it would've been nice for Chevy to have put these on ALL Z71 Silverados.  She cost a pretty penny, but I'm very happy with it. 20190727_180559.thumb.jpg.3b2ea5d1829ccab4b4362485b19c4316.jpg

How difficult was this to install?  I read instructions online that said to remove the grille.

Im still having trouble finding instructions on install. I ordered from shop chevy, it didn't say model, just 2019 Silverado Z71 grill emblem.

It has to pieces of plastic that look like they snap together then the emblem snaps in the plastic holders.

Mine is a LTZ which has a different grill than the RST, I have yet to figure out how to install the darn thing.

Tom

There should be 3 pieces total. Just snap the Z71 piece into the other piece, then hold the back piece behind the grille with your hand. Then with your other hand snap the Z71 piece ( 2 pieces already snapped together ) into the piece behind the grille.

They do not come with instructions. 

Edited by MacLaren

Just snap the Z71 piece into the other piece, then hold the back piece behind the grille with your hand. Then with your other hand snap the Z71 piece ( 2 pieces already snapped together ) into the piece behind the grille.

They do not come with instructions. 

See, how you would hold the back piece in?

Then take the Z71 emblem, already snapped in place to the other piece and snap it on thru back piece held by your hand.20190802_160011.thumb.jpg.2360e632792dd0317383e6c1ae00a3cc.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fuelie said:

I will take some pics this evening, that's kinda how I thought but the width of my grill opening are too narrow so it wouldn't sit nice and flush like yours.

Ill take pics when I get home tonight.

Tom

I had to turn my back piece sideways and fanagle it in there.

It's kinda tricky to do. GM could've at least sent some instructions or something.....I know your frustration.  Believe me lol...

So, just kinda mess around with it again - give her another try. 

OK, I don't know if this pic will help or not but it seems like the vertical slats behind the chrome are a different width than the RST grills maybe?

If I go to the left one slat to the left it is wider than the width on the back bracket. I am showing in the pic what I think to be the front bracket that the emblem snaps on to.

Tom

file-23.thumb.jpeg.d2e7dbfd590e807f7493e5f4c7fa5d9b.jpeg

To me, it looks like that emblem won’t fit the LTZ. My LTZ has two wider horizontal bars below the bow tie and the LT/RST has three. It also looks like the LT/RST has more vertical bars and they aren’t set back as far in the grill?

1C5ED0F5-96C6-4775-974A-7BFEAC4C6B84.thumb.jpeg.70bca2411bad296d72813f689aad2c7c.jpegADBAD77E-953D-4C89-B280-400E3B585171.thumb.jpeg.1a0a5431b64d419b5120fc255966314e.jpeg

• Like 1