No Camundra for me

Rodslinger48

I have owned Chevrolet trucks for the past 30 years.  My last, was a 2015 GMC Z71 crew cab, that I bought new upon selling my 2000 Z71.  After over 30 trips to the dealer and 3 years later, I traded my truck with only 20k miles. I received no help from GM other than a few 500 dollar vouchers because they "felt bad", but not bad enough to buy it back. I was going to wait for the 2019 new design, but after seeing the design,  (a camaro front with a tundra back) I just couldn't buy a "Camudra." Whoever chevy has designing their vehicles played with too many transformers.  Yeah, I know all you homers will lash out, but sorry there's a reason why their not selling. Oh, and for all you guys that say Dodge is just giving them away.... chevy's answer is that their making profit on trucks not selling at a discount.  Thanks chevy, your bottom dollar is all that matters not getting your product out to your customers.  You have no loyalty to your customers, that why you're #3. Better to have a good bottom and make your new blazer in another country. Send your jobs there too. Don't worry,  I'm done with this forum. You guys can continue to drink the coolaid.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rodslinger48 said:

after seeing the design,  (a camaro front with a tundra back) I just couldn't buy a "Camudra."

I don't disagree with you. They definitely took a few steps backwards with the design. At least the GMC's are less ugly from the front.

Good luck with your next vehicle.

• Like 1

Well since your only 2 posts on this site are to bitch and moan about your truck and GM, if you aren't here to contribute to constructive and helpful discussions, then I say adios! 

Edited by Jglew82
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I don't disagree with you. They definitely took a few steps backwards with the design. At least the GMC's are less ugly from the front.

Good luck with your next vehicle.

Don't guess you put the plow on to hide the dated front end ? ?

Edited by mafd2

2 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Don't guess you put the plow on to hide the dated front end ? ?

I bought the plow 2 months after the truck. The plow only goes on when its needed.

I tell my wife every time I see a newer truck, I'm glad I bought a 2015.

1 minute ago, aseibel said:

I bought the plow 2 months after the truck. The plow only goes on when its needed.

I tell my wife every time I see a newer truck, I'm glad I bought a 2015.

Can't keep the 2015 forever lol. Then whatcha gonna do?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Can't keep the 2015 forever lol. Then whatcha gonna do?

Hope in a couple more generations they fix the design. I had my last truck til it was 17 years old, so I'm looking to by a new one again sometime after 2030.

Just now, aseibel said:

Hope in a couple more generations they fix the design. I had my last truck til it was 17 years old, so I'm looking to by a new one again sometime after 2030.

I hate to say it but I surmise the future style changes will be more towards your "disliking".  People have been saying this for years when a new body style comes out. They don't like it, it's ugly, but somehow seems to grow on them and sooner or later they end up getting a newer truck. 

9 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

I hate to say it but I surmise the future style changes will be more towards your "disliking".  People have been saying this for years when a new body style comes out. They don't like it, it's ugly, but somehow seems to grow on them and sooner or later they end up getting a newer truck. 

We'll see. Time will tell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodslinger48 said:

I have owned Chevrolet trucks for the past 30 years.  My last, was a 2015 GMC Z71 crew cab, that I bought new upon selling my 2000 Z71.  After over 30 trips to the dealer and 3 years later, I traded my truck with only 20k miles. I received no help from GM other than a few 500 dollar vouchers because they "felt bad", but not bad enough to buy it back. I was going to wait for the 2019 new design, but after seeing the design,  (a camaro front with a tundra back) I just couldn't buy a "Camudra." Whoever chevy has designing their vehicles played with too many transformers.  Yeah, I know all you homers will lash out, but sorry there's a reason why their not selling. Oh, and for all you guys that say Dodge is just giving them away.... chevy's answer is that their making profit on trucks not selling at a discount.  Thanks chevy, your bottom dollar is all that matters not getting your product out to your customers.  You have no loyalty to your customers, that why you're #3. Better to have a good bottom and make your new blazer in another country. Send your jobs there too. Don't worry,  I'm done with this forum. You guys can continue to drink the coolaid.

It's "kool" with a k. I do however agree with your "looks like a Camaro" front end description. Until I saw the Custom front end I would not have even considered a Silverado. Not only did the Custom fit my tight budget I loved the more traditional old school Chevy truck look of the front.

GM can’t make everyone happy.  Everyone has their own opinions to what they like.  I have have had a 98 , 03 , 07 , 09 , 15 and now the 19.  And I have to say I think the 19 Looks and drives the best.  ?‍♂️

• Like 3