No Camundra for me

Rodslinger48

51 minutes ago, stujameson said:

It's "kool" with a k. I do however agree with your "looks like a Camaro" front end description. Until I saw the Custom front end I would not have even considered a Silverado. Not only did the Custom fit my tight budget I loved the more traditional old school Chevy truck look of the front.

And so what if it has a Camaro look?  I think that's awesome.  If you look at the 2019 Silverado from the tailgate, the body lines and lettering resembles more of '60-'66 fleetside and the front end has some genes from the '99 Silverado. So what "old School" do you see in a Custom front end besides halogen headlights?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbacarisse said:

I don't understand the point of posts like this. It just invites vitriol. As does this post I suppose.

The point of the posts and replies is the that op stated his opinion.  Members replied to his "opinion" with their "opinions". That's what a forum is.  To discuss likes, dislikes, opinions, why's, why not's etc.  As long as there's no personal name calling or vulgar attack on a member and the posts are on a civil level then so be it.  If everyone liked the same truck, model, year, color, tires, wheels, engines, then there'd be no need for a forum.  I'm a member of Harley, Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha motorcycle and vintage bike forums and own several bikes and I'm also a member of Colt, S&W and 1911 gun forums and own many guns and bud guess what?  It's the same on every one of them.  People cross forums bashing bikes or guns and even brand loyal members have opinions and post them about their loyal brands.  Forums have always been that way and always will be.  That's just the nature of the beast and it is what it is.  If you see a post you don't agree with feel free to reply to it with your opinion, if not move on to the next thread until you find content you like.  It's all good ?

• Like 3

Sucks you had a bad apple on the 2015, but I’m finding it hard to sympathize...I’m sure the dealer was also having trouble given your demeanor. I’m sure there’s more to the story than what we’ve been given.

Also, the 2019 has been on sale for a year, and the design was leaked probably 2 years ago at this point. I thought we were past this already? ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Shame on the Op for not pursuing the Lemon Law route as it is available in most states if not all. Sure it is a pain in the a** but its better than loosing thousands of dollars. There are Lemon Law attorneys in every state and no up front money as they are usually paid as part of the buyback process by the manufacturer. I have been through the process myself and was successful. No attorney, did it myself and it was an early build 2015 Tahoe..

It is a possibility the guy is a “troll” lots of people join forums like this just to stir things up and drive a Prius. I will not give him the benefit of the doubt. His opinion serves no purpose to anyone on this forum why is he here, he should be on the Prius forum.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mountain boy said:

It is a possibility the guy is a “troll” lots of people join forums like this just to stir things up and drive a Prius. I will not give him the benefit of the doubt. His opinion serves no purpose to anyone on this forum why is he here, he should be on the Prius forum.

Agree. He said he's done with forum but only has 2 posts?

5 hours ago, Rodslinger48 said:

I have owned Chevrolet trucks for the past 30 years.  My last, was a 2015 GMC Z71 crew cab, that I bought new upon selling my 2000 Z71.  After over 30 trips to the dealer and 3 years later, I traded my truck with only 20k miles. I received no help from GM other than a few 500 dollar vouchers because they "felt bad", but not bad enough to buy it back. I was going to wait for the 2019 new design, but after seeing the design,  (a camaro front with a tundra back) I just couldn't buy a "Camudra." Whoever chevy has designing their vehicles played with too many transformers.  Yeah, I know all you homers will lash out, but sorry there's a reason why their not selling. Oh, and for all you guys that say Dodge is just giving them away.... chevy's answer is that their making profit on trucks not selling at a discount.  Thanks chevy, your bottom dollar is all that matters not getting your product out to your customers.  You have no loyalty to your customers, that why you're #3. Better to have a good bottom and make your new blazer in another country. Send your jobs there too. Don't worry,  I'm done with this forum. You guys can continue to drink the coolaid.

What truck are you looking at now? Like you, looks play a major role in what I purchase - I do prefer the GMC over the Chevy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wmoor004 said:

What truck are you looking at now? Like you, looks play a major role in what I purchase - I do prefer the GMC over the Chevy. 

I don't think the GMC looks better.  I just came out of a Sierra.  Some say the white Silverado looks like a Stormtrooper lol. Here's what I see in the Sierra and can't get past the SIM card fenders and the big clown look.  Maybe one day I'll have a change of heart but for now, I'll stick with the Silverado.  Like econometrics said, Silverado is the best looking truck on the road.  Some may say different.  Again, my opinion. That's the beauty of a forum.

3_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-42-10-1.png

2_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-54-03-1~2.png

1_Screenshot_2019-07-16-16-40-07-1.png

0_Screenshot_2019-07-16-15-57-10-1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3