Hello,

i already have the round frame plugs plugs but would like to find plugs for the other slots and odd shaped hole. Has anyone found these or know a good place to look?

0C50F2B1-B5F2-4DAC-BC12-7A70049D35AB.jpeg

Hello,

i already have the round frame plugs plugs but would like to find plugs for the other slots and odd shaped hole. Has anyone found these or know a good place to look?
0C50F2B1-B5F2-4DAC-BC12-7A70049D35AB.thumb.jpeg.7f7720a4f499257fa9a0c7f7f8cb6f0d.jpeg

Amazon! Cheap, easy. Make sure to spray ACF50 or something equivalent inside the frame tubes to help protect against corrosion. I sprayed a ton of it and ran a broom stick handle with a rag wrapped and tied on the end to help spread every inch. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Amazon! Cheap, easy. Make sure to spray ACF50 or something equivalent inside the frame tubes to help protect against corrosion. I sprayed a ton of it and ran a broom stick handle with a rag wrapped and tied on the end to help spread every inch. Good luck!

I already have the large holes plugged, this is an actual picture of my rear wheel well. I am looking to plug the 3 slots and the keyhole that are wide open. Might just be me, but I don't like looking at t open holes.

• Like 1

I already have the large holes plugged, this is an actual picture of my rear wheel well. I am looking to plug the 3 slots and the keyhole that are wide open. Might just be me, but I don't like looking at t open holes.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone know what those smaller holes are for?  Access to a bolt or something behind the frame I assume?

Edited by reardiff

I believe the rear most angled hole is a shipping tie down point.  I don't know what the others are for.

I put in the rough country rear wheel well liners and it goes down and covers the frame more than the factory fabric type liners.  It's a much cleaner look back there for sure!!!

14 hours ago, Praedator said:

I put in the rough country rear wheel well liners and it goes down and covers the frame more than the factory fabric type liners.  It's a much cleaner look back there for sure!!!

Just checked them out, that makes a huge difference. Are they plastic? Do they go over the stock liners or replace? Pretty easy to install?

Just checked them out, that makes a huge difference. Are they plastic? Do they go over the stock liners or replace? Pretty easy to install?
Mine didn't have the factory liners to begin with in the rear. But I'd say you'd have to remove the factory ones. Yes they are plastic.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

The plastic plugs that are in your bed sidewall will work for the holes in your frame. That's what I used when I installed my cargo tie downs in the bed sidewall holes.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, reardiff said:

Anyone know what those smaller holes are for?  Access to a bolt or something behind the frame I assume?

The keyhole is for the magnetic ride control equipped trucks. The ride height sensors mount to the keyhole and connect to a mount between your leaf springs and rear axle. Trucks without the mag ride have the open keyhole on the frame and no mount on the leaf springs/rear axle. As for the other holes I'm not 100% sure for our trucks. On my 2008 Escalade, one of the frame holes was to access a bolt that held on the air compressor for the rear shocks. It's safe to assume some holes could be for access to something, but a rubber/plastic plug could be easily removed if needed.

One thing to keep in mind is you don't want to plug every hole on your frame. It's important for moisture to escape or you'll just expedite the rust process from inside. I agree though, less visible holes looks better. Sounds like the Rough Country wheel well liners are the way to go.

My only concern with the RC wheel liners are if they are plastic, how well do they clean? I have heard that if you dont wipe them down with cleaner they show dirt/dust/smudges vs the current "fabric/felt" ones.

Tried the bed plugs in my frame, no go. They are too big and are not like a grommet. Plastic with clips. :(

My only concern with the RC wheel liners are if they are plastic, how well do they clean? I have heard that if you dont wipe them down with cleaner they show dirt/dust/smudges vs the current "fabric/felt" ones.
They clean right up easily!! I have to almost pressure wash the fabric ones up front. The neck plastic is an easy wash with a car wash brush if the hose doesn't get it all of.

The rough country liners clean up the look a lot. I'll try to get pictures up.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk