Extended cab owners

Need Ext. cab owners thoughts. 

How well do 2 rear facing car seats fit in the back, meaning enough space? I have seen them in the crew cab, and obviously plenty of room. Wondering if I can get the Ext cab. instead. Nobody would ever be in the middle. 

Also- are the Sierra vs Silverado any size different or exactly the same in the rear?

Thoughts?

Edited by Matt Saylor

22 minutes ago, Matt Saylor said:

Need Ext. cab owners thoughts. 

How do 2 rear facing car seats fit in the back, meaning enough space? I have seen them in the crew cab, and obviously plenty of room. Wondering if I can get the Ext cab. instead. Nobody would ever be in the middle. 

Thoughts?

I don't have kids but I wouldn't see a problem, you could also go look at a double cab and take your car seat with you and try it out. When my wife worked at a dealership see would see people do it all the time.

Child Restraint Systems
Rear-Facing Infant Restraint A rear-facing child restraint provides restraint with the seating surface against the back of the infant.
The harness system holds the infant in place and, in a crash, acts to keep the infant positioned in the restraint.
Forward-Facing Child Restraint A forward-facing child restraint provides restraint for the child's body with the harness.

Edited by Silverado4x4

I have a double cab.  Its going to be highly dependent on how far back you have the drivers seat.  

I'm 5'10", and I can fit just fine behind myself.  I have booster seats in the back and those fit fine.  However, I'm highly suspect if a rear facing seat would fit, especially the larger convertible rear facing seats.  I'm sure 1 would fit in the center rear, but the outboard seats you would have to check.

Definitely when you are test driving take them with you. I did that even with the booster seats, and we had 2 boosters and an adult sitting in the back of the doublecab.

I have a extra cab F-150 right now, and I'll be trading it in for a new crew cab (strongly considering jumping ship to GM...) mainly because of the rear facing child seat.  I would assume F-150 and 1500 extra cabs are pretty similar, but with the rear facing child seat behind the passenger seat, my wife's knees are right up against the glove box and there's definitely no room for adjustment.  I wouldn't even remotely consider putting one behind the driver's seat.  Crew cab, no doubt.

Extended cabs or "Super cabs" have served as family haulers sine the 1970's.  Crew cabs were originally the domain of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks and were used to transport work crews and their gear to the jobsite.  The past 20 years has seen the introduction and overwhelming growth in popularity of the family 1/2 ton crew cab.  These  even can come with a shorter short box to tame down the overall size.  The 1500 (150) "Crew Cab" was created by public demand from previous generations struggling with extended cabs.  Why go back or learn the hard (expensive) way?   Buy the Crew Cab - no regrets!

This is a try it and see for yourself deal.

Big difference in GM between extended cabs and double cabs; the latter have more room with independent doors and power windows.

Total cab room in the '19 is larger than the older gen. Rear seating in the '19 dc has more room than my '16 dc because of the different angle of the seat backs and more room for front seating so they can extend further in comfort toward the firewall for more legroom in the rear seats. Less room in the center rear if you have the full console because it extends further behind the front seats for the HVAC vents in the top of the console. With a floor console and buckets, four full size adults can sit comfortably in a dc.

As far as squeezing a pickup with a usable size bed in a garage, a dc with a full bed is better than a cc with a short bed. And as far as buying a $50K Silverado, cc is giving 15% off MSRP and dc is giving 20% off MSRP........for another $2.5K to piss away on accessories. That's enough for a Convenience II package and a 3.5l V8 or an All Star Edition package. Besides doesn't make sense to go for a cc if one already has other vehicles capable of transporting 5 or 7 passengers in comfort and not as likely to complain of the ride. And as far using the dc rear seats; Max has plenty of legroom for all four of them.

Don’t know about car seats but my 16 DC was a squeeze for a few 10 year olds, let alone adults (which was almost impossible unless the front seat passenger sat inside the glovebox).

If you more often carry passengers (of any age) than a ton stuff in the in bed...CC is a no brainer IMO. 

12 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Don’t know about car seats but my 16 DC was a squeeze for a few 10 year olds, let alone adults (which was almost impossible unless the front seat passenger sat inside the glovebox).

If you more often carry passengers (of any age) than a ton stuff in the in bed...CC is a no brainer IMO. 

Only reason I buy a truck is for the bed, otherwise it would be a Suburban......bought the Traverse because it has no bed with more passenger room than a Silverado. Comparing '16 and '19, apples and oranges, my 6' son who couldn't fit in the back of the dc '16 fits has no problem in the back of the dc'19, although the only occupant that will sit there is Max and he has plenty of room for all 4 feet.