BedTred vs Weathertech Techliner

I am looking at bed mat options for my 2016 Silverado. I have narrowed it down to the BedRug BedTred or the WeatherTech Techliner. I do not want to do a spray-in liner. I do have a tonneau cover. My main uses are hauling kayaks, camping, hunting, and fishing gear. Both are around the same price... I prefer the look of the WeatherTech, but am concerned how well it will hold up over the years with how thin it is. Thoughts?

Thanks, 

Steven

I would stay away from the weathertech liner. It might look great in the photos. But those raised edges tend to curl and it will never sit perfectly, instead it will collect crud between the edge and the bed wall.

I would pick something that is a flat sheet. Personally I'd rather have rubber than carpet. This is what I would buy if my spray-in liner wasn't cutting it:

https://www.deezee.com/product/truck-bed-mats/

But spray-in liners are pretty nice. Is price your only reason to avoid them?

Ultimately, only you know how you will use it and what will work best for you.

Edited by aseibel
  • Like 1

Thank you for your input. Price is definitely one reason I am steering away from a spray-in. Another reason is the kind-of abrasive surface on the spray-ins. One of my kayaks and one of my expensive canoes have polished hulls that I imagine would be scratched by the spray-in.

14 minutes ago, stevenk said:

Thank you for your input. Price is definitely one reason I am steering away from a spray-in. Another reason is the kind-of abrasive surface on the spray-ins. One of my kayaks and one of my expensive canoes have polished hulls that I imagine would be scratched by the spray-in.

If "scratch-proof" is your only concern, then I'd go with the carpet one. I have to lay down a sheet of cardboard in mine when I want to protect something from scratching, but cardboard is cheap and I always have some in the garage.

If you have the weathertech or rubber mat, any small sand or dirt on top will scratch stuff when sliding in and out.

4 hours ago, stevenk said:

I am looking at bed mat options for my 2016 Silverado. I have narrowed it down to the BedRug BedTred or the WeatherTech Techliner. I do not want to do a spray-in liner. I do have a tonneau cover. My main uses are hauling kayaks, camping, hunting, and fishing gear. Both are around the same price... I prefer the look of the WeatherTech, but am concerned how well it will hold up over the years with how thin it is. Thoughts?

Thanks, 

Steven

I have had the factory GM rubber mat now since 2014, it has been in 3 trucks and is wearing great.

Being rubber, nothing really slides around. It sits on top of the factory spray in, so it stays put too.

Edited by JimCost2014

Another vote for a rubber mat. The one in my 01 2500HD is one I robbed out of my 85 squarebody. It’s at least 20 years old and will out last the 01 just like it did the 85. I’m not sure what brand mine is but it’s thicker and fits better than most I’ve seen & sh!t doesn’t slid around on it.

I’d say this is one of those things you get what you pay for.

I also suggest if you get one or the WeatherTech thing at least once a year take it out give it & the bed a good scrubbing.

• Like 2

Another vote for rubber mat had mine in 2 trucks does not scratch my kayak if it’s clean  I have factory spray in liner everything slides around on it rubber mat stuff stays put 

The bedrugs are nice. They are made from plastic so its weather proof, but they do feel very close to a rug. They also have a little cushion to them that might help protect things on a bumpy road. Pretty comfortable if you ever want to sleep in the bed of your pickup too.

+1 on the BedRug (original one, not the BedTred).

For what you will be doing it will be great.  They really doomed themselves by putting "rug" in the name since it makes people think of carpet.  This is soft like carpet but you really can't stain or hurt it.  I had one in an open-bed truck for 22 years and hauled all types of stuff without ever hurting it.  It was the first thing I put in my new 2015 when I drove it off the lot.