I'm finding the brake pedal very noisy. I don't have any braking issues. Every time i press the pedal especially with the radio off, i can hear a loud whoosh and the switch clicking. If this is normal, then it's definitely the loudest brake pedal I have ever experienced. I'm trying to get a consensus if it's normal so i don't waste my time taking it to the dealer. I tried to capture the sound but it doesn't record very well. Full disclaimer that i'm a little more sensitive to noises than most. 

Any one else experience this or is it normal?

brake_pedal.mp3

1 hour ago, Ben K said:

I had A similar noise and they replaced a bushing that had come off. Seemed to take care of it.  But I also Had a loud pop which I had To repair myself, it was two pieces of plastic rubbing.  

Had the bushing completely come off and was maybe laying on the floor mat?

I have the switch clicking sound on my RST, but it's only when my foot is very lightly on the brake. Otherwise, I don't have any noises. 

You're likely going to have a lot of this kind of stuff with a new truck. I did with my RST. Most of it just went away. 

Personally, I don't like going to the dealer every time something small is happening. I would rather wait and see if it KEEPS happening, then make a list of all those issues for them to check at once. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, econometrics said:

I have the switch clicking sound on my RST, but it's only when my foot is very lightly on the brake. Otherwise, I don't have any noises. 

You're likely going to have a lot of this kind of stuff with a new truck. I did with my RST. Most of it just went away. 

Personally, I don't like going to the dealer every time something small is happening. I would rather wait and see if it KEEPS happening, then make a list of all those issues for them to check at once. 

For sure. I don't like going to the dealer myself unless I absolutely have to. In most cases, I wait for a few other problems to accumulate so they can fix all of them in one go. 

I won't be taking it in just for this. There are a few other small issues such as rattle in drive side dash (sounds a bit like loose glass), speaker rattle in passenger rear, squeak noise when car auto starts ( i think this is coming from the flappers) and the 2nd key fob not working. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I have the same noise and dealer states normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, that's what i'm expecting them to say too. At the very least, whilst i'm there, i'll check it out on another truck on their lot to be sure they are all the same. It's not the worst thing in the world for me but if it's actually a defect, I would rather they resolve it. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, truck_newbie said:

I'm finding the brake pedal very noisy. I don't have any braking issues. Every time i press the pedal especially with the radio off, i can hear a loud whoosh and the switch clicking. If this is normal, then it's definitely the loudest brake pedal I have ever experienced. I'm trying to get a consensus if it's normal so i don't waste my time taking it to the dealer. I tried to capture the sound but it doesn't record very well. Full disclaimer that i'm a little more sensitive to noises than most. 

brake_pedal.mp3 43.84 kB · 102 downloads

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same issue 

On 8/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, truck_newbie said:

brake_pedal.mp3 43.84 kB · 102 downloads

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same issue 

• 3 years later...