Borla ATAK Exhaust & CAI

Hey all, 

First post, long time lurker. I drive a 2015 Sierra All Terrain with the 5.3L . I am planning on doing a few mods once my warranty runs out in about a year's time. What i have been considering is the Borla ATAK stainless steel cat-back exhaust system with split side exits with the black tips and getting a cold air intake system as well. I've looked at the K&N 71 series blackhawk induction cold air intake system or the Airaid MXP cold air intake system. Has anyone had any experience with these products? Is it worth my money installing these? Will I get much of a drone when my truck is in V4 mode? I know they won't give me huge power gains, but i'm mostly looking for a good rumbling sound from my truck. 

Thanks to all in advance!

Crunchy

Edited by CrunchyBlack

I have the borla atak with afe power cai. No drone at all and don't notice v4 mode. Borla did a really nice job acoustically keeping drone outside of cabin. Cruising 60, 70, 80mph you barley notice exhaust. Radio on about 20% with a/c you can't even hear it. Passing gear sounds aggressive and I love it.  W.O.T. the sound is a beast. If planning on headers later I would prolly think of the touring or S-type. I gained about 25rwhp on dyno before tune on my 2018 Sierra 6.2. 

14 hours ago, BeerPwningTexan said:

I have the borla atak with afe power cai. No drone at all and don't notice v4 mode. Borla did a really nice job acoustically keeping drone outside of cabin. Cruising 60, 70, 80mph you barley notice exhaust. Radio on about 20% with a/c you can't even hear it. Passing gear sounds aggressive and I love it.  W.O.T. the sound is a beast. If planning on headers later I would prolly think of the touring or S-type. I gained about 25rwhp on dyno before tune on my 2018 Sierra 6.2. 

Thanks for the response. I don't know if I'll do headers in the future, so I may just stick with the ATAK system.

24 minutes ago, mikedeezxxx said:

A cat back exhaust and cai will not void your warranty. I have Borla attak cat back and cai and have been to the dealership multiple times without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's great to hear! Thanks for the reply; maybe I'll look at doing this sooner than later.

20 hours ago, BeerPwningTexan said:

I've got this exact setup and second everything he said. Only difference for me though is I have a tuner and disabled v4 mode. I only run in v8.

• Like 1

I had a custom tune done as well by Pat G and took off V4.  Just installed ARH Headers with high flow cats and E85 sensor from dsx tuning this past weekend. Ordered a Vibrant resonator because my ATAK is too raspy for my taste and will update soon on sound.  

On 8/20/2019 at 6:40 PM, CrunchyBlack said:

I've looked at the K&N 71 series blackhawk induction cold air intake system or the Airaid MXP cold air intake system. Has anyone had any experience with these products?

I have the Blackhawk CAI in my truck and I love it.  I don't have any experience with it in conjunction with any aftermarket exhaust though, sorry.  I am planning on a Borla ATAK myself as soon as I feel like dumping $1K+ for one.

i did the stype cat back. split duals growly but not excessive. chrome(wanted black but no stock n250$more) did range afm delete. . love my sound with or without afm no drone. better with afm tho.. did air raid cai. love it .

Edited by no12nv

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...