22' Ridge Grapplers

Ok, I’m confused, The Terra Grapplers in the exact same size are a pound lighter than the Ridge Grapplers, also the Terra Grapplers have less of a gap in the tread than the Ridge in which should make the TG’s quieter? I’ve run the Trail Grappler before and they are heavier and much louder but the TG’s are much more of a street tire than the RG’s or am I totally missing something?

30 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Ok, I’m confused, The Terra Grapplers in the exact same size are a pound lighter than the Ridge Grapplers, also the Terra Grapplers have less of a gap in the tread than the Ridge in which should make the TG’s quieter? I’ve run the Trail Grappler before and they are heavier and much louder but the TG’s are much more of a street tire than the RG’s or am I totally missing something?

my apologies, are you referring to the Orig Terra or Terra G2?  There's also the Trail Terra which i thought you were referring to. 

To sum it up:

Terra VS Ridge...

Dry Performance - Ridge Grappler outperforms

Wet Performance - Ridge Grappler Outperforms

Comfort - Equal

Noise - Equal

The Ridge is Nitto's latest and greatest..  It's got 5 years of new tech behind the tread compound, giving you the best possible road performing tire that still retains the aggressive look.

Hopefully this helped more than confused you lol.

Edited by PabloK

21 minutes ago, PabloK said:

my apologies, are you referring to the Orig Terra or Terra G2?  There's also the Trail Terra which i thought you were referring to. 

To sum it up:

Terra VS Ridge...

Dry Performance - Ridge Grappler outperforms

Wet Performance - Ridge Grappler Outperforms

Comfort - Equal

Noise - Equal

The Ridge is Nitto's latest and greatest..  It's got 5 years of new tech behind the tread compound, giving you the best possible road performing tire that still retains the aggressive look.

Hopefully this helped more than confused you lol.

I am referring to the TG G2’s. I like the look of the Ridge Grapplers but you’re going to laugh at me for a big reason as to why I’m concerned about running them, I go through the car wash at least 2 times a week and the sidewall tread would throw tire gloss all over my truck as soon as I drive out, it would drive me crazy, my current TG’s are bad enough. Yeah, I’m a little nuts and OCD but it makes me who I am, LOL. I’m gonna have to think about this. 

Thanks once again for your insight on this, I do appreciate it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

I am referring to the TG G2’s. I like the look of the Ridge Grapplers but you’re going to laugh at me for a big reason as to why I’m concerned about running them, I go through the car wash at least 2 times a week and the sidewall tread would throw tire gloss all over my truck as soon as I drive out, it would drive me crazy, my current TG’s are bad enough. Yeah, I’m a little nuts and OCD but it makes me who I am, LOL. I’m gonna have to think about this. 

Thanks once again for your insight on this, I do appreciate it. 

ok now we're on the same page.

G2 is a good high treadwear tire, it's a better road tire than the Ridge.  You can't go wrong either way... very slight tradeoffs at this point.

I'm also OCD on this stuff... and I know what you're talking about.  

try out this shine, it doesn't fly off the tire.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/black+shine+tire+trim+coating+15+ounces.do?code=PPCPLG&gclid=Cj0KCQjwho7rBRDxARIsAJ5nhFp0QXQ7p4fYJm2BXysqAW5QDbnrc_AoQcyYKUTzYE4d6reQSZ7EPNMaAtmrEALw_wcB

Nitto Ridge Grappler Terra Grappler G2
- More aggressive tread pattern - Pretty aggressive tread pattern
- Thick sidewall protection - Thin sidewall protection
- Relatively louder road noise - Very low road noise, great on-road performance
- Excellent off-road performance - Pretty good off-road performance
- Recommended for on-road and frequent off-road driving - Recommended for paved roads and maintained forest roads
Edited by PabloK

I’d love if the car wash would use Griots products, that’s what I use on my Vette. Anyway I think for my use the TG’s are the way to go since 99.9% of my driving is highway. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fieldsend said:

Nice, Cant wait to see how that looks on the 22s with the lift. 

Me too, but the tires from my local supplier are on back order, they are supposed to come in next week, so once they are on I'll post up some pictures. 

• 4 months later...
On 1/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, hotrodz37 said:

Eppieguy, how did these tires turn out for you? Hows the ride with the heavier tires? I'm at the same junction you are deciding size.

Thanks! 

Sorry, I've been away on Vacation, just seeing this. I am 100% happy, the ride is better in my opinion, they look great, very very happy with the final result. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the change. I'm sure I took a little hit to MPG but I never really paid attention because I don't care about MPG's to be honest, if I did I wouldn't have bought a 6.2 and lifted it! LOL

I have them in a 35x12.5x22.  Don't believe all the hype. They aren't "super" quiet like you read all over the forums. No difference in traction between these or any other tire I've tried in the snow or rain ( no tire has good traction in the snow besides snow tires ).      

20 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Sorry, I've been away on Vacation, just seeing this. I am 100% happy, the ride is better in my opinion, they look great, very very happy with the final result. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the change. I'm sure I took a little hit to MPG but I never really paid attention because I don't care about MPG's to be honest, if I did I wouldn't have bought a 6.2 and lifted it! LOL

What lift did you go with?