Weird electrical issues

I just bought my 2007 GMC Sierra SLE and I’m slowly finding all of my problems with it but her right now I have a huge issue that I need to resolve within the next week to get it inspected. I have a check engine light on and I need to check the codes but I can’t because there is no power to my OBDII port.  I also do not have power to either auxiliary port (12v/cigarette lighter) nor do my power locks work with my key fob or with the button in the truck.  The back windows won’t roll down either but I’m not sure that’s affiliated with the other problems or not as I am not very electrical savvy.  I checked all of the fuses and I can’t seem to find any that are blown, after I am done at work today I am going to try and use a test light to make sure I have power to the fuses but I am pretty sure I do. So that being said, has anyone else have this problem or know what the issue could be? 

Edit: My parking assist light is on and it doesn’t beep at me when in reverse or anything. Don’t know if that is in any way related or not but just in case. Lol

Edited by jon griser

I think the cigarette lighter is only one on aldl power, auxiliary are fused separate,the lighter socket has gone bad on some,I would say,get that unhooked, maybe a short to ground,and some door problems are traced to harness between door and jamb,lots of bending of wires,back windows,child safety lock on?

I can hear the power to the door locks when I press the button inside the truck. And when I use the key fob, the truck beeps and headlight glow. They just don’t lock. It just doesn’t make sense to me but I will definitely check the harness in the door jamb. As for the cig lighter and aux port, I figured they were separate because it would be to much power for both to be on the same line, but for both to be not working is weird. But I am gonna tear it down and see what I see. I’m hoping the ground got loose or something. Wishful thinking I guess. Lol but thank you. What about OBD port? Any ideas

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, jon griser said:

I just bought my 2007 GMC Sierra SLE and I’m slowly finding all of my problems with it but her right now I have a huge issue that I need to resolve within the next week to get it inspected. I have a check engine light on and I need to check the codes but I can’t because there is no power to my OBDII port.  I also do not have power to either auxiliary port (12v/cigarette lighter) nor do my power locks work with my key fob or with the button in the truck.  The back windows won’t roll down either but I’m not sure that’s affiliated with the other problems or not as I am not very electrical savvy.  I checked all of the fuses and I can’t seem to find any that are blown, after I am done at work today I am going to try and use a test light to make sure I have power to the fuses but I am pretty sure I do. So that being said, has anyone else have this problem or know what the issue could be? 

Edit: My parking assist light is on and it doesn’t beep at me when in reverse or anything. Don’t know if that is in any way related or not but just in case. Lol

if you bought it at a dealer return it  other wise your screwed... 

https://www.northpennlegal.org/blog/pennsylvanias-used-car-dealer-regulations

Under the regulations, a motor vehicle which is offered for sale is represented to be “roadworthy.” The following conditions render a vehicle as non-roadworthy:

(i) Frame bent, cracked or twisted.

(ii) Engine block or head cracked.

(iii) Vehicle unable to pass State inspection.

(iv) Transmission damaged, defective or so deteriorated as to require replacement.

(v) Vehicle flood damaged.

(vi) Differential damaged, defective or so deteriorated as to require replacement.

if the seller advertises a vehicle as having features that the vehicle does not have or that do not work properly.

Edited by bg1988

Assuming you can't return the truck/get the dealer to fix the truck (ie, you bought via a private sale), then I would suggest subscribing to the full-service manual for your truck, and go through it's diagnostic procedure for getting the odbii port to work again.  It has a complete wiring diagram and connector pinouts, routing of wiring harnesses, everything you need to figure out why it's not working.  And then it'll help with fixing any problems you find after getting the odbii port working...

alldatadiy.com, helminc.com, probably other sites...