Engine Detailing: Any Issues?

I’ve got a few days off and was planning to do my end of summer deep detailing this week.  I’ve never really detailed the engine (other than a quick spray and wipe) and was thinking of giving it a thorough cleaning.  I’ve watched videos and read other threads here on the subject and have a pretty good idea on how to proceed, but was wondering if it’s caused anyone issues afterwards.  

My old man advised against it saying that it’ll corrode electrical contacts and short sensors, but his experience was with older vehicles and it seems most of the sensitive stuff is well protected in these engines.  

Any tips or advice from those with experience on engine detailing a K2XX is appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

YouTube. Chris Fix...I use his method and it works like a champ: 100,000 miles in three years. 

IMG_0165.thumb.JPG.e970dbe4414abe53829584b49a9a1b54.JPG

Can't make out the catch can?????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

YouTube. Chris Fix...I use his method and it works like a champ: 100,000 miles in three years. 

Looks like mine the day I brought it home from the dealer... guess I've got another project added to my list...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Marty,

Engine bay looks great!

Only problem is...…. you are missing two cylinders.    :dunno:

Just teasing. Good work sir! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

What is the aluminum device on the upper radiator hose? Clean engine bay!! I try to wipe mine down a couple times a year.

6 minutes ago, Eddie 70 said:

What is the aluminum device on the upper radiator hose? Clean engine bay!! I try to wipe mine down a couple times a year.

Thank you. That piece of T6061 ART is from IPSCO.ORG. A remote thermostat housing. The OEM housing is gutted of it's 207 F thermostat and inside this beauty rest a Reische Racing 170 F thermostat. IPSCO will supplies a 180 F Stant much cheaper with the kit if you like. Mine is custom scalloped. (other thermostat temperatures available) 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Thank you. That piece of T6061 ART is from IPSCO.ORG. A remote thermostat housing. The OEM housing is gutted of it's 207 F thermostat and inside this beauty rest a Reische Racing 170 F thermostat. IPSCO will supplies a 180 F Stant much cheaper with the kit if you like. Mine is custom scalloped. (other thermostat temperatures available) 

They did not have this when I LS swapped my old vette. That would have been the ticket right there. Nice.

• Like 1