New Silverado-looking

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

..... new truck prices are not bad when compared to used.   The pleasure,  confidence and benefits derived from being the first owner is well worth the price, imo.   

I can't agree more. I don't buy used trucks . Wait for the deals then jump on it.

Thank you all for your input. Glad I was enlightened about the chrome bumpers (and grill I presume?). Sorry, I forgot to include GMC in my search. I would be happy to find one of them. I am adament about Z71 because I will occasionally pull my trailer and feel that will add to my stability
Honestly, there's not much difference. The rancho shocks are fairly shitty. IMO the only feature I'd miss is the hill decent control (I live in a pretty hilly area and it helps). My recommendation would be to not worry about Z71 and when you get it replace the shocks with Bilstein 5100's. You'll be a head of the game...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You don't need a Z71 to tow. What are you towing?

My non Z71's tow 5000-6500 lbs. just fine all day long.

They are rated for over 9000 lbs. 

5.3/3.42/6spd.

Edited by dieselfan1

You don't need Z71 to have hill decent control.  Having owned both Z71 and non-71 LT trucks, I'd take the non-71 every time due to the better ride.

Same chassis, same brakes, same 4x4, different shocks and decals.
Hill decent control only comes with the Z71 off road package.

4 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Hill decent control only comes with the Z71 off road package.

You're right.  Too many damn safety assists... confused it with hill start assist.  Looks like I picked the wrong weekend to quit sniffing glue.

Trailer brakes and tow/haul work fine for me. Never went downgrade too steep where I wasn't comfortable. Like 8% - 10% grades for a couple miles I'm talking. I try to keep it around 50 mph too.   Going up that same hill coming home you really gotta pour the coal to her though. My Crew cab with the Borla S type sounds so sweet lugging 6000lbs up that 8% singing along at around 3800rpm in third gear. I could listen to that all day long.???

• Like 2

according to this thread the 2014 z71 transfer case skid is aluminum and the rest are plastic. Not sure if this carries over to the 16-18. Did they change to all metal skids for the z71 16-18? My non-z71 has the front plastic aero bit.