3.0L Duramax - who owns or has driven one

6 minutes ago, Agriont said:

70-75 mph, highway average.  It does well around town too.

6 minutes ago, Agriont said:

70-75 mph, highway average.  It does well around town too.

Do you have a tune on it, to average that kind of mpg with the 6.2. 

2 minutes ago, Agriont said:

No.  Stock.  350 mile run highway.  It cruises at low rpm.   I said I've gotten 23-24 highway.  

That's just great gas mileage for the 6.2 minus paying for the premium gas. 

2 hours ago, jaslon said:

That's just great gas mileage for the 6.2 minus paying for the premium gas. 

I'm was surprised by it too, coming from a 5.3L SLT Z71.  The 6.2l shifts between four and eight cylinders, I don't even notice when it does. 

My 3.0L has gotten around 27-29MPG at 75mph. Also gotten as high as 38MPG in ideal conditions. Towing with the 3.23 gears a dual axle 14’ enclosed with lots of gear I get about 16-17MPG at 70-75MpH. If I’m with truck traffic I can easily get 24+ MPG towing.

17 hours ago, jnissen said:

My 3.0L has gotten around 27-29MPG at 75mph. Also gotten as high as 38MPG in ideal conditions. Towing with the 3.23 gears a dual axle 14’ enclosed with lots of gear I get about 16-17MPG at 70-75MpH. If I’m with truck traffic I can easily get 24+ MPG towing.

That is pretty good.  How heavy is your trailer and what amount of weight do you carry in it and the truck when you tow?  What is the milage on hills?  Mine with 5,500lbs of trailer (tandem 14' with 4' V, 86h x 7.5w) and kit is about runs about 16 - lower when towing... down to 7 MPG on hills at times.  I can see the needle drop as it drinks gas.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, monteholic said:

anybody have any feedback on the 3.0 with the 3.73 gears?

Yea.  75mph gets you about 24-25mpg.  Pulls my 33' TT without issue.  Rancho shocks suck. Replace them with Bilstein or Fox like I did.

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 1

I love this 2021 3L diesel truck. Engine smooth as butter. Over 800km a tank. Can't even tell your driving a diesel on hwy. Can't hear anything.

Pulled 4 sled trailer today to test on hwy to see what I will be burning.

Just under 15L per 100km

Going 110km

Way better then the eco diesel I tried before5779532ffaf1b7cebdb72181a33468c6.jpg35662cb928633212c020f54c748db313.jpg4a504256664a793d1de63ab219ba42b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For those the prefer 'inch' units.

112 km/h is about 70 mph 

14.7L/100km is about 16 usmpg 

@Calltex were in in Auto 4wd?

Been in auto 4wd the whole time. I assume you could gain some more miles in 2wd

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys, I mentioned this early on, I've owned both 2019 6.2 and a 2020 3.0 both 4x4.

I'm telling you straight up 30 - 40% better mileage on the 3.0 including towing.

6.2 is a beast.  You still young and  want to holes hot from red lights and don't mind buying premium all the time. Get one.

If those days are over and your wallet is sick of paying for fuel, the 3.0 is the way to go. It's 90% of what the 6.2 is performance wise. Meaning you'll only notice a difference when flooring it.

19 hours ago, steve841 said:

Sorry guys, I mentioned this early on, I've owned both 2019 6.2 and a 2020 3.0 both 4x4.

I'm telling you straight up 30 - 40% better mileage on the 3.0 including towing.

6.2 is a beast.  You still young and  want to holes hot from red lights and don't mind buying premium all the time. Get one.

If those days are over and your wallet is sick of paying for fuel, the 3.0 is the way to go. It's 90% of what the 6.2 is performance wise. Meaning you'll only notice a difference when flooring it.

30-40% is significant... especially if towing.  I'm not so concerned when I'm not towing because the 6.2 is quite frugal under my foot empty.  I'm looking at distance between fill ups.  I'd like to know real world towing expectations from the 3L per tank towing 5k lbs.

Here ya go..  I do a regular trip every weekend.  250 miles round trip.  8x12 enclosed trailer.  Not heavy but Very tall though, so it’s serious drag.

with the 6.2, I’d have to fill up at the 200 mile mark with 50 miles to go.  

same trip with the 3L, there and back and usually 1/4 tank left. Depending on headwinds...

So, I think the 6.2 would max out at 240-250 miles on a tank towing.  The 3.0 would probably make it to 330-350 miles.

21 hours ago, steve841 said:

Here ya go..  I do a regular trip every weekend.  250 miles round trip.  8x12 enclosed trailer.  Not heavy but Very tall though, so it’s serious drag.

with the 6.2, I’d have to fill up at the 200 mile mark with 50 miles to go.  

same trip with the 3L, there and back and usually 1/4 tank left. Depending on headwinds...

So, I think the 6.2 would max out at 240-250 miles on a tank towing.  The 3.0 would probably make it to 330-350 miles.

That is good milage.  I have a 7.5 x 14 tandem enclosed trailer.  Very high V nose.. aluminum trailer.  What was the towing weight of your trailer and the payload in your truck?