Anyone with a 2019 Silverado get a C05D2 & P25A2 code?

I had this issue seems to be fixed at the moment (has only been a week)

Dealer said they applied TSB# PIT5735a which I believe is this:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173676-9999.pdf

No error codes - I will update later this week

So basically the brake module is staying on (after turning vehicle off) and reading the wheel sensor. Dealer said they flashed brake module with new firmware to fix issue. The TSB dated 3/4 mentions that GM will provide an update later to correct issue. From my understanding the dealer just got this new update a few days ago. Time will tell. 

So if all of the error codes are listed under the brake module then this is your problem. In my case, the bluedriver scanner shows the truck's error codes were from the brake module.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 9:14 AM, code-man26 said:

Very refreshing to hear someone have a sensible and positive outlook on a bad situation. I too just came down with the P25A2 code as well as U0146, U0100, U0101, P252A2 (pd), U0146 (pd) in my 19 Silvy with 22Kmi. I have had the transmission slip in and out of 1st and 2nd gear a few times (they re-flashed the module once already) with the last one (post re-flash) making a horrible gear grinding sound. Something I've NEVER heard from an auto transmission. 

??

I just received the exact same codes as you. This morning I put the truck in reverse and it quite quickly backed up the drive way faster than I am used too, thought it was strange and I noticed the check engine light on my drive to work. Guess I'll call to bring her in and let them know whats going on...

Capture of the codes attached for anyone else that may be curious.

Capture.pdf

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, Salvo said:

Got a 2020 Trail Boss LT with 560 miles on it a got the p25a2 code. Cleared the code now let's see what happens?

Any issues since clearing the code about 2 months ago? Just got the code and cleared the code myself. 

On 4/25/2020 at 8:33 PM, splatmatt said:

I had this issue seems to be fixed at the moment (has only been a week)

Dealer said they applied TSB# PIT5735a which I believe is this:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173676-9999.pdf

No error codes - I will update later this week

So basically the brake module is staying on (after turning vehicle off) and reading the wheel sensor. Dealer said they flashed brake module with new firmware to fix issue. The TSB dated 3/4 mentions that GM will provide an update later to correct issue. From my understanding the dealer just got this new update a few days ago. Time will tell. 

So if all of the error codes are listed under the brake module then this is your problem. In my case, the bluedriver scanner shows the truck's error codes were from the brake module.

Any issues since the TSB was applied to your vehicle?

• 2 months later...

2019 Silverado with 13k miles - same issue, called Chevy customer service, they told me to call the dealer. I’m just waiting to hear back from a service advisor, maybe there is a update to this. I get the feeling this will be an issue fixed when my truck is out of warranty. 

F818CE1F-F414-4BA9-9189-6A53C88492E3.jpeg

I had the same issue but there were more codes with it that showed it was the brake controller staying on after shutting off the truck and it detected wheel movement. When it happens are you parked on an incline any time? There is a software update for it that and it solved my issues. It happened to me with 40 miles on the truck. After the update haven’t had any more lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been having p25a2 code since I purchased the truck new. First time it popped i had 550 miles. 

I took it in. The code erased itself. Dealership said no issues found. 

Now I got 15000 miles on it. The code comes and goes randomly by itself with no noticeable driveability issues. 

Mine is 2020  5.3  TB 4wd 

• 11 months later...

12-8-22 Got same 4 screens as others mentioned. Definitely a reduction in engine power. Took to dealer. The SB instructed them to update the BSCM with newest software and clear codes p25a2 and c050e. Got truck back same day.

12-13-22 Got same 4 screens again, truck back in limp mode. Took to dealer (Earnhardt GMC Superstition Springs) Mesa, AZ and they are saying they are not sure but most likely going to order a new left rear wheel speed sensor. Not sure on ETA. 

Apologize up front before I stick my foot in my mouth.....I am new here and this seems super frustrating. There are 3 pages of posts but I did not find anything related to the fix or repair. I will keep exploring and update on this thread.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, Trailboss 2020 said:

I have a 2020 TrailBoss and I'm having the same Code P25A2 also C050D and C050E, the C050D is Speed Wheel Sensor what is C050E and the P25A2 is the Transmission I have 16732 and paid 50K for this truck Absolute BS that I'm having all these problems already let me k.ow what they say thanks and any updates 

what was the fix?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 4x4 (74kmi). Last night a I had my check engine light come on and had OnStar run a diagnostic and discovered I had a P25A2 code. So the dealer reprogrammed the  brake control module. 

Earlier this year had #8 lifter fail with associated camshaft. Entire left bank was replaced. Dealer wanted to replace both sides but extended warranty denied them. Still have 45k miles of my e-warranty remaining.

I also have the pulsar LT installed but have it removed when visiting the dealer

Symptoms: previous message for service brake. And the automatic activation of my E-brake while adding pressure to the bed of pickup or just closing the tailgate.

20221228_133742.jpg

Edited by victor castillo