Anyone with a 2019 Silverado get a C05D2 & P25A2 code?

I have a 2019 Silverado Crew Cab z71 4x4 5.3. My truck has 13k miles on it and everything has been great since day one. Although last Sunday I ran to the gas station and everything was pretty typical until I fired the truck up to go home.  I shifted into gear and went to pull back out on to the main road and I had about 5% braking power and could not stop the truck from going into the road nearly missing another car.  I rounded the corner and made it back into the parking lot where I was able to stop the truck.  I had a blinking check engine light and solid abs light.  After calling OnStar they told me the truck had two codes currently running. C05D2 for the braking system and P25A2 which was an engine transmission code.  I had the truck towed to the dealer,  the dealer said the are replacing the brake controller but unfortunately it is out of stock and they don't know when they will have the part.  The service department is estimating a month or so before they expect the parts and they gave me a courtesy vehicle to drive. Needless to say I understand that manufacturing of anything can have issues, but not to have access to a parts went you know they are building dozens of these trucks everyday is kinda BS.  My dealer is great and they are trying to do everything they can but I am frustrated. I didn't spend damn near 50k to drive a courtesy vehicle.

• 3 months later...

7750 miles on 2019 Silverado. Got in truck today and check engine light is on........ had the code pulled-p25a2. Transmission has been slipping more and more lately. Taking truck to dealership next will,  first available for loaner. They told me to just drive it. Oh well, if it breaks, they have to fix it.  

This happened to my 19 Silverado brake system failed, once restarting check engine light on and same codes from OnStar. The diagnostic report said engine electrical was to blame and battery could drain awhile driving. Spent 2 days at the dealership, got it home same thing happened that evening. It's been towed back this morning. 5250 km on it. All happened after a recall. 

2019 Chevrolet Silverado

mileage 13k

recall work done dec. 

today after remote start

I had four messages:

Service ESC

Service Trailer Brake

Brake System Failure - 62 MPH Top Speed

Steering Assist Reduced Drive with care

Lights on dash that were illuminated

ABS 

Check Engine

BRAKE

Traction Control

Hard to brake, meaning brakes do not function. 

threw codes

P0606

C0021

P25A2

i have to turn off engine. 
open close door

restart

errors go away

engine light stays on

Going to dealer on Monday. 

E22F512E-7E49-48FE-88BE-055BD424553D.jpeg

1E5CAD86-E032-48A9-BE93-FEDD2E2C23A4.jpeg

1DA7F504-0CA3-4610-AEBE-F613D482D321.jpeg

046F8E09-BCE9-49D7-A5F6-BB558E1C05EB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, RocksRock said:

2019 Chevrolet Silverado

mileage 13k

recall work done dec. 

today after remote start

I had four messages:

Service ESC

Service Trailer Brake

Brake System Failure - 62 MPH Top Speed

Steering Assist Reduced Drive with care

Lights on dash that were illuminated

ABS 

Check Engine

BRAKE

Traction Control

Hard to brake, meaning brakes do not function. 

threw codes

P0606

C0021

P25A2

i have to turn off engine. 
open close door

restart

errors go away

engine light stays on

Going to dealer on Monday. 

E22F512E-7E49-48FE-88BE-055BD424553D.jpeg

1E5CAD86-E032-48A9-BE93-FEDD2E2C23A4.jpeg

1DA7F504-0CA3-4610-AEBE-F613D482D321.jpeg

046F8E09-BCE9-49D7-A5F6-BB558E1C05EB.jpeg

Ensure the dealership performs the TSB 5728B which is suppose to address these codes. Shawn OLeary is a user here and he had his done Thursday and he has been testing out the software update and so far so good.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:42 PM, Hunterboy0512 said:

7750 miles on 2019 Silverado. Got in truck today and check engine light is on........ had the code pulled-p25a2. Transmission has been slipping more and more lately. Taking truck to dealership next will,  first available for loaner. They told me to just drive it. Oh well, if it breaks, they have to fix it.  

Update....

Just picked up my truck this morning from the dealership. First I was told that a module was ordered, but then they started that they received notification of a software update that fixes the P25A2 error code. 

Work order states that the bulletin (PIT5728B) covering the issue was found (not released yet) so they got with GM and performed the update prior to release. 

Hope this fixes the issue. I'll give an update after a while.

P.S. - When I got home my truck told me there was a software update on the in dash screen. I clicked update. Not sure what the update was about.

I know the trucks are new and we expect things to work, but at least GM has the ability to update the computer system where as years ago, they didn't. (Yes, things worked back then because of no computers........) Times change, but at least GM is taking care of people. It's technology and sometimes there are hiccups. Look at your smartphone, how many updates has it had. Just saying....

3 hours ago, Hunterboy0512 said:

Update....

Just picked up my truck this morning from the dealership. First I was told that a module was ordered, but then they started that they received notification of a software update that fixes the P25A2 error code. 

Work order states that the bulletin (PIT5728B) covering the issue was found (not released yet) so they got with GM and performed the update prior to release. 

Hope this fixes the issue. I'll give an update after a while.

P.S. - When I got home my truck told me there was a software update on the in dash screen. I clicked update. Not sure what the update was about.

I know the trucks are new and we expect things to work, but at least GM has the ability to update the computer system where as years ago, they didn't. (Yes, things worked back then because of no computers........) Times change, but at least GM is taking care of people. It's technology and sometimes there are hiccups. Look at your smartphone, how many updates has it had. Just saying....

The update was probably V807 for the infotainment system.