Anyone with a 2019 Silverado get a C05D2 & P25A2 code?

On 1/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, chrismkaminski said:

These are the exact same codes I am getting along with multiple error messages in the DIC. 

FC483057-6131-46B7-BA51-31B361D25ADC.jpeg

33B1A532-EDF5-4EEF-A649-13D15AB259BD.jpeg

BC9F050D-1537-48A8-A61A-36DB597CE784.jpeg

E7D3D7B6-688D-4D28-A6AE-EA637AD2A69C.jpeg

Same issues on my 2019 and at Chevy now .... do you remote start your truck with the Chevy app?  If so there is a bulletin out for a software update.  My brakes have failed multiple times!  I guess there waiting for me to get into an accident.  Worse truck I ever owned. Miss my fords

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, Hunterboy0512 said:

Update....

Just picked up my truck this morning from the dealership. First I was told that a module was ordered, but then they started that they received notification of a software update that fixes the P25A2 error code. 

Work order states that the bulletin (PIT5728B) covering the issue was found (not released yet) so they got with GM and performed the update prior to release. 

Hope this fixes the issue. I'll give an update after a while.

P.S. - When I got home my truck told me there was a software update on the in dash screen. I clicked update. Not sure what the update was about.

I know the trucks are new and we expect things to work, but at least GM has the ability to update the computer system where as years ago, they didn't. (Yes, things worked back then because of no computers........) Times change, but at least GM is taking care of people. It's technology and sometimes there are hiccups. Look at your smartphone, how many updates has it had. Just saying....

Very refreshing to hear someone have a sensible and positive outlook on a bad situation. I too just came down with the P25A2 code as well as U0146, U0100, U0101, P252A2 (pd), U0146 (pd) in my 19 Silvy with 22Kmi. I have had the transmission slip in and out of 1st and 2nd gear a few times (they re-flashed the module once already) with the last one (post re-flash) making a horrible gear grinding sound. Something I've NEVER heard from an auto transmission. 

??

Is it bad that in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse I'd still choose my 2005 Duramax with almost 400,000 mi. thats NEVER given me a problem or let me down (besides one dead battery...ever!)  ??

Edited by code-man26

Ironically, my check engine light came on yesterday evening after my truck got detailed.  My '20 is only 2 weeks old with around 850 miles.  Came out this morning and the check engine light was gone, but after checking for the stored code, it came up P25A2.  I cleared the code, but should I be worried since it was gone this morning?  

Edited by paulny

• 3 weeks later...

Had the P25A2 code come up along with the four statements on the cluster, i.e. reduced engine power, top speed 62 mph, etc.  This all happened while I had the truck off road and did a shift into low range 4x4.  (I have the 2-speed transfer case)  Truck currently has 6K on the clock. Took the truck in this past Wednesday and they did the software update that is supposed to fix the issue.  Also did the brake wear sensor recall while it was in.  Not driving much these days, but all seems to be well.  

Not sure where this historic code came from.  Haven't had any previous warning light issues.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

Edited by Foghorn19

• 2 weeks later...

Got the check engine light last night.  Took it to Autozone and it threw code p25a2.  Once I got back in and restarted the vehicle, check engine light was gone.  Got it into the dealership today and they claim its just a communication error code.  My 2019 AT4 has 9300 miles on it.  I never had any issues with my Nissan 370z like I have had with this truck.  Spend so much money and it's been in the shop three times for various issues.   

Edited by txat4

5 hours ago, txat4 said:

Got the check engine light last night.  Took it to Autozone and it threw code p25a2.  Once I got back in and restarted the vehicle, check engine light was gone.  Got it into the dealership today and they claim its just a communication error code.  My 2019 AT4 has 9300 miles on it.  I never had any issues with my Nissan 370z like I have had with this truck.  Spend so much money and it's been in the shop three times for various issues.   

This is why I had to get rid of mine. Way to many errors and faults with serious systems. GM nor the dealer cared about it either. I was always told it was a “software glitch” and that they were “working on a fix.” When my brakes went out, I was done. Traded it in for another brand and I am much happier and spend way less time in the dealers shop.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrismkaminski said:

This is why I had to get rid of mine. Way to many errors and faults with serious systems. GM nor the dealer cared about it either. I was always told it was a “software glitch” and that they were “working on a fix.” When my brakes went out, I was done. Traded it in for another brand and I am much happier and spend way less time in the dealers shop.

Which brand, if you don't mind me asking? 

Well I guess it's all in what you compare.  My GMC AT4 stickered for $61,970 and my Ram Limited stickered for $64,755.  Additionally, the Limited is comparable to the GMC Denali so I also upgraded trim level in the new truck.  Like everything else, it all depends on what options you put in it.  When you built those two for comparison, it is obvious you left options off the AT4 while adding EVERYTHING to the Ram.  For me, the peace of mind knowing that my brakes would work when I pressed the pedal was worth the extra roughly 3k alone.  However, I also got some nice additions with the upgraded trim level on the Ram that I didn't have in my GMC as well.

Edited by chrismkaminski
clerical correction

10 hours ago, chrismkaminski said:

Well I guess it's all in what you compare.  My GMC AT4 stickered for $61,970 and my Ram Limited stickered for $64,755.  Additionally, the Limited is comparable to the GMC Denali so I also upgraded trim level in the new truck.  Like everything else, it all depends on what options you put in it.  When you built those two for comparison, it is obvious you left options off the AT4 while adding EVERYTHING to the Ram.  For me, the peace of mind knowing that my brakes would work when I pressed the pedal was worth the extra roughly 3k alone.  However, I also got some nice additions with the upgraded trim level on the Ram that I didn't have in my GMC as well.

Actually, that was the lowest price on each one for a 4x4 CC short box. Loaded up, they're each right around $85k CAD. But you're right that it's difficult to compare exactly which features each one has, especially since the Ram website is impossible to navigate on my phone. Also, while I know the price displayed on the GM website includes cash discounts and other incentives, it's not clear to me if the one on the Ram site does too or if that's the MSRP. 

Well, got the vehicle back today and inquired as to why the check engine light came on.  They claim that these newer trucks are very sensitive and the light possibly came on due to the recall.  If this is the case, that's total BS in my opinion.  I asked the tech if it's possible GM is sending a signal to these vehicles to throw the engine light to get people into the dealership to get these recalls taken care of since most people probably don't bother.  It would be crazy for GM to do this type of thing but if someone sees a check engine light, normally that would be cause for alarm.  

Yes, he had his flashlight up your butt.  The SES light comes on when the engine notices an emissions related problem.  It generates and stores one or more codes because of it.  The mechanic likely just cleared the code instead of reading what it was and telling you about it.

7 hours ago, davester said:

Yes, he had his flashlight up your butt.  The SES light comes on when the engine notices an emissions related problem.  It generates and stores one or more codes because of it.  The mechanic likely just cleared the code instead of reading what it was and telling you about it.

Well on the paperwork where my complaint was the engine light came on it referred me to line 3.  Line 3 was addressing the brake recall.  So who knows.