New Denali or Ram Longhorn???

shadysneed

Currently driving a 2017 GMC sierra Denali. My lease is just about up and I'm completely undecided on my next truck. I've tested both the new denali and ram longhorn. Both have their pros and cons. Anyone have an opinion one way or the other? 

I also follow the 5th gen ram forum. There are so many people on there with problems with their rams. Not nearly as many problems with the gm it seems. I just dont want to make a decision I'm gonna regret. 

Interested in this as well. The RAM’s interior is far nicer than gmc’s at the moment but being a gm guy it feel wrong to pull the trigger on something else even though I’ve had issues with my current Sierra. Definitely torn on what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently driving a 2017 GMC sierra Denali. My lease is just about up and I'm completely undecided on my next truck. I've tested both the new denali and ram longhorn. Both have their pros and cons. Anyone have an opinion one way or the other? 

I also follow the 5th gen ram forum. There are so many people on there with problems with their rams. Not nearly as many problems with the gm it seems. I just dont want to make a decision I'm gonna regret. 

This is the official Ram bashing site. I know happy Ram and Ford drivers. As well as Chevy drivers. It’s all on you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Interested in this as well. The RAM’s interior is far nicer than gmc’s at the moment but being a gm guy it feel wrong to pull the trigger on something else even though I’ve had issues with my current Sierra. Definitely torn on what to do.

The ram interior and smooth ride is what has me wanting to switch. I'm definitely not crazy about the exterior at all. I love the denali exterior and not a big fan of the interior, so there's that. The only thing that's making me want to stay with gm is the incentives for gm lessees. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shadysneed said:

I also follow the 5th gen ram forum. There are so many people on there with problems with their rams. Not nearly as many problems with the gm it seems. 

You just answered your own question.

• Like 3

My main hang up on the gmc is all the complaints I've heard about sear comfort. I drive about 200 miles a day, it's a big deal to me and pretty much everything I've heard about the seats in the GMC has been overwhelmingly negative. 

Honestly cant decide what I'm going to do because the ram reliability problems are pretty hard to swallow regardless of the comfort issues with the gmc. 

6 minutes ago, Mikedfw said:

My main hang up on the gmc is all the complaints I've heard about sear comfort. I drive about 200 miles a day, it's a big deal to me and pretty much everything I've heard about the seats in the GMC has been overwhelmingly negative. 

Honestly cant decide what I'm going to do because the ram reliability problems are pretty hard to swallow regardless of the comfort issues with the gmc. 

I really didn't feel much of a difference in the seats of my 2017 compared to the ones in the 2019. At this point, I'm more concerned about overall quality and reliability. Yeah, that ram looks sexy as hell inside. But I'm afraid Ram is just putting lipstick on a pig. Not sure...

I rent a ton of cars for work through National and wound up with a 2019 F-150 King Ranch this past weekend. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I loved it. Some of the interior features feel cheap but it rode significantly better than the sierras, seats were comfortable and has a ton of features. Still would be a hard pill to swallow to switch to a Ford but a very nice truck for sure.

5 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

I rent a ton of cars for work through National and wound up with a 2019 F-150 King Ranch this past weekend. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I loved it. Some of the interior features feel cheap but it rode significantly better than the sierras, seats were comfortable and has a ton of features. Still would be a hard pill to swallow to switch to a Ford but a very nice truck for sure.

I pretty much swore off ford. I had a 2017 f150 lariat, nothing but problems and ford basically did nothing.  64 days in the shop.  Had to lemon law it.  Their customer service was absolutely awful. I'm sure GMC and rams customer service are just as bad.

I pretty much swore off ford. I had a 2017 f150 lariat, nothing but problems and ford basically did nothing.  64 days in the shop.  Had to lemon law it.  Their customer service was absolutely awful. I'm sure GMC and rams customer service are just as bad.

Man, I guess the only trucks that are safe are the Tundras. Mainly because they’ve had the same platform for 13 years, built in the midevil times [emoji23]

• Like 1

Unfortunately I can’t comment on the 2019’s or 20’s.  I picked up a 2018 Sierra Denali Ultimate with the 6.2 and I’m very happy with it.  Really love the look of the new Ram but just don’t trust its reliability record.  I drive them at work, nothing fancy just simple sxt models and we’ve had all kinds of problems.  Batteries constantly needing to be boosted, O2 sensors and many others.  I never sat in a 2019 Sierra as the incentives were just incredible this past July when I went shopping.   Some folks here have commented that GM took a step backwards in the quality and feel of the materials in the 19’s,  I’ve only driven a basic Silverado 19 model so not fair to compare it to a Denali or Laramie Ltd.  

• Like 1

I drove both. They are both solid options. The ram gets better gas mileage with the 10 speed tranny.

I ended up coming back to the Chevy because I didn't like the new Ram front grill.

All trucks have issues. Unfortunately you always hear of the bad stuff first online. You never hear from the thousands of satisfied owners.

Tough Decision Good luck

• Like 1

Agreed they are both good trucks. The reliability and quality factor also has me questioning the ram. I've been a 12 volt tech for 19 years. So I'm pretty familiar with quality of material used in today's cars. Without question the ram interior is awesome, but the quality of the materials used without a doubt goes to gm. I just think ram's interior design dept. are on another level as compared to gm.