Humming upon Acceleration 2014 Sierra

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra. Its recently started making a humming noise when I accelerate. It goes away the second you take your foot off the gas. It's been in 4x4 auto since I've driven it. I discovered that if you switch it to 2 wheel drive, the humming doesnt occur during acceleration. If you switch it back to 4wheel auto, the humming comes back. The differential? What is causing this and why?

On 10/1/2019 at 12:40 PM, Dennis77 said:

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra. Its recently started making a humming noise when I accelerate. It goes away the second you take your foot off the gas. It's been in 4x4 auto since I've driven it. I discovered that if you switch it to 2 wheel drive, the humming doesnt occur during acceleration. If you switch it back to 4wheel auto, the humming comes back. The differential? What is causing this and why?

Every k2xx with over 10k miles I’ve driven makes this noise

On 10/1/2019 at 9:40 AM, Dennis77 said:

Better than a ticking!

Humming sound under acceleration, Agreed check 2wd/awd selector, try in 2wd see if noise persists, I would say wheel bearing also but you said only under acceleration so it is tied to the driveline somewhere. 

You don't have Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm by the Crash Test Dummies on repeat by chance do you? 

• 1 year later...

Have the same issue with my Silverado and it’s driving me crazy driven only chevys my entire life have had every model and motor options they have offered never had this issue before so it can’t and shouldn’t be normal. Did you find the issue? 

5 hours ago, G5150 said:

Have the same issue with my Silverado and it’s driving me crazy driven only chevys my entire life have had every model and motor options they have offered never had this issue before so it can’t and shouldn’t be normal. Did you find the issue? 

Ah, ok.. Sorry to break it to you but its normal. 

I actually go through the same thing with every new truck. That noise cant be normal! lol

Edited by M1ck3y

• 2 years later...