Do you regret getting a black truck?

I'll never own another black vehicle. They're a bitch to keep clean and swirl marks are tough to keep at bay. Plus, GM's paint quality isn't the greatest, so it tends to peel and chip super easy. I wish GM would bring back their old Storm Grey or Laguna Green. Loved those colors. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Would ceramic coating make it much easier?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had the truck wrapped in Xpel from new so I can be lazy and just do drive through soft touch carwashes in the winter with minimal handwashing in the summer. I've never waxed it, nore have I had it ceramic coated. Retail on a job like that is normally 6-7k CAD depending on where you go, mind you I got cost because I know a guy so for me it was "only" $4,000 CAD. IMO film is the only way to keep your paint looking new, I've driven through countless soft touch car washes and like I mentioned earlier have never waxed or coated it and it still look new with only minimal swirreling in the film. Truck still looks like it has less than a couple thousand KM on it.

Mind you I know not everyone can drop thousands on film unless they get a good discount from the dealer and can roll the difference into their financing package. The benefit is a perpetually new looking truck and better resale, people don't believe me when I say I have over 80.000km on my truck until I show them the odometer!!!

IMG_20190529_175720.jpg

I’ve owned lots of black vehicles and though black looks great when cleaned and “polished”, I’ll never own one again! Extremely difficult to maintain, shows scratches, water spots and swirl marks very easily and one of the top reasons I will never buy another black vehicle is; attracts HEAT insanely!

Sent from Above

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Because you your old one was black or because you wanted black?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Was black.  Loved the truck, hated the color.  The deal I got on it was too good to pass up so I went for it.  I was all for giving a black truck a go, but it got old fast.