In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

madmathew

2015 6.2L broken exhaust manifold studs.

My lower radiator hose developed a leak and I'm out of town so I got a clamp to put on it and while I putting that on I noticed that the front left exhaust manifold stud is broken and half of it and the nut are still laying stuck between the manifold and heat shield.   I still am covered under the drivetrain warranty,  I wonder if this will be covered?   Its a PITA job to do.   If I end up having to fix it myself I'm putting headers on it.

How much of the stud is still there in the head?

If there's enough left, tighten two nuts against each other on the stud and loosen it like a bolt. Shouldn't be that hard to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Weld a nut head to the reaming nut and try and loosen it.  But if it's under powertrain warranty the easiest would be to take it in and let the dealer fix it. 

And you want to get it fixed, as broken manifold bolts can result in an exhaust leak and the truck to use more fuel.

Its hit an miss if the dealer will cover it under powertrain but I'm guessing no. Usually it's anything that oil touches in the engine, trans or axles.