2020 3500HD with heavy duty front spring package?

I bought my 2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Duramax CCSB off the dealer lot on January 7 and one of the options it had was the Snow Plow Prep Pkg, which includes the HD front suspension.  I keep the tire pressures at 60 psi front / 80 psi rear and with the covid-19 restrictions I have only driven this truck about 2500 miles unloaded so far.

The bottom line for me is this new truck rides as well as or even better than the 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE extended cab I had previously.  My best fuel economy so far with the Dmax/10 speed combo and sensible highway driving (60-65 MPH) is 23.8 MPG.

I really love my new 3500HD truck and can see myself keeping it for a long time.

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 10:37 PM, MTU Alum said:

Its option code F60.  It basically raises your FGAWR and spring rate to the next size up.

#iworkforGM 

I just bought a new GMC 3500 HD Regular cab. It did not come with the plow prep but cam with the F60 (I am putting a plow on) when it got shipped to I noticed the FGAWR is at the base 4800 and it was not increased with the F60 package. Can some one help

6 minutes ago, Craig Acorn Snow said:

I just bought a new GMC 3500 HD Regular cab. It did not come with the plow prep but cam with the F60 (I am putting a plow on) when it got shipped to I noticed the FGAWR is at the base 4800 and it was not increased with the F60 package. Can some one help

The base FGAWR on reg cab gas 3500 is 4400 lbs.  F60 would up it to 4800 lbs.  VYU (snow plow) would be at 5600 lbs for gas trucks.  It get the VYU suspension it would require new torsion bars and alignment.  The factory package also also different front shock that is up to you to change.  

It looks like your truck was built properly.  

You will need to upgrade the torsion bars if you want to put a plow on without exceeding FGAWR and prematurely wearing out your front suspension.

#iworkforGM 

• Like 1

Can't help with the FGAWR sticker question, but your question made me curious enough to look up the order guide info:

VYU         Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package, includes (KW5) 220-amp alternator, includes increased front GAWR on Heavy Duty models, (NZZ) skid plates (transfer case and oil pan), pass through dash grommet hole and roof emergency light provisions. Contact GM Upfitter Integration at www.gmupfitter.com for plow installation details and assistance. Note: if ordered for Camper usage, recommend ordering (UY2) Trailering wiring provisions
Base Sierra and SLE trim -  Requires 4WD model and includes (KW5) 220-amp alternator and is upgradeable to (KHF) Dual alternators (220-amp primary, 170- amp auxiliary). Not available with (F60) Heavy Duty Front Spring/Camper Package. 
SLT -  Requires 4WD model and (CGN) spray-on bed liner. Includes (KW5) 220-amp alternator and is upgradeable to (KHF) Dual alternators (220-amp primary, 170- amp auxiliary). Not available with (F60) Heavy Duty Front Spring/Camper Package. 
AT4 and Denali -  Includes (KW5) 220-amp alternator and is upgradeable to (KHF) Dual alternators (220-amp primary, 170- amp auxiliary). Not available with (F60) Heavy Duty Front Spring/Camper Package. 

F60         Heavy Duty Front Spring/Camper Package, Note: If ordered for Camper usage, recommend ordering (UY2) Trailering wiring provisions
All trims -  Not available with (VYU) Snow Plow Prep/Camper Package. 

YVU weight summary table (2500. 3500srw, 3500drw -- all cabs/boxes/engines

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/printbook?pdftype=option&lang=1&vehicle=21725&rpoid=75833

1 hour ago, Craig Acorn Snow said:

Can the dealer install the snowplow torsion bars and then change the FGAWR sticker?

I don't believe they can.  A lot of recall and safety related items if they do it wrong.  Depending on which tire, you may have a tire pressure change as well.

#iworkforGM 

16 hours ago, Craig Acorn Snow said:

Can the dealer install the snowplow torsion bars and then change the FGAWR sticker?

Definitely can not change the sticker - that's a violation of federal law.  Only the manufacturer can change it, and only because there was a mistake on the first one.  Changing suspension/axle components does not mean the manufacturer can assume liability for those new parts.... they are only liable for what they installed at the factory.

• 2 months later...