Irony at it's best

So I read that article and I think it would be AWESOME if GM brought back the biggest gas guzzler they offered the HUMMER and made it the most efficient ?  I mean, anyone else see the irony in this?  Would be the first time in history for GM to have a sense of humour while stepping forward.

Heck, i had a 2003 and then a 2008 both H2.. the 2008 was awesome and I actually still miss that SUV to this day!  It had the interior upgrade that was much needed to get rid of that continuous creaking sounds that often sounded like something was going to crack under the pressure of you resting your arm lol.  the extra gear in the tranny and the much needed extra power of the 6.2, too bad it didn't come with the 6.6 duramax option.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:46 PM, Addicted2HP said:

So I read that article and I think it would be AWESOME if GM brought back the biggest gas guzzler they offered the HUMMER and made it the most efficient ?  I mean, anyone else see the irony in this?  Would be the first time in history for GM to have a sense of humour while stepping forward.

Heck, i had a 2003 and then a 2008 both H2.. the 2008 was awesome and I actually still miss that SUV to this day!  It had the interior upgrade that was much needed to get rid of that continuous creaking sounds that often sounded like something was going to crack under the pressure of you resting your arm lol.  the extra gear in the tranny and the much needed extra power of the 6.2, too bad it didn't come with the 6.6 duramax option.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Didn’t know hummers had the 6.2 as a option. Thought it was the 6.0 from the HD trucks for the H2 and the 5 cylinder from Colorado for the H3 with the 5.3 as an option. 

16 hours ago, 2018GMC said:

Didn’t know hummers had the 6.2 as a option. Thought it was the 6.0 from the HD trucks for the H2 and the 5 cylinder from Colorado for the H3 with the 5.3 as an option. 

in 2008-2009 they had a really nice interior upgrade, as well the motor and tranny changed giving a 6.2 motor which was much needed extra power.  It didn't feel so sluggish, and actually was better on fuel then the 6.0 was.

Here is from the launch back in 2008 quote 

The HUMMER H2 full-size SUV shares platforms and powertrains with the Chevrolet Suburban. New this year is an upgraded V-8 engine. The 6.2-liter eight-cylinder is rated at 393 horsepower and gets teamed with a six-speed automatic transmission

Edited by Addicted2HP

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:55 PM, SFX Group said:

Was at the Toronto car show over the weekend, it wasnt there (i assumed it might be), didnt find anything new really...

The reveal is currently scheduled for 5/20/2020

• 7 months later...

Irony was exactly what I thought of when I heard GM wanted to bring these things back and I'm not really sure what the point is. The market is already saturated with trucks and SUVs and if anything, what we really need is an affordable EV for the masses (love the Bolt, but it's still too pricey). Instead, we're going to end up with another high priced luxury SUV/truck that most won't be able to afford. 

• Like 1