Diesel Fuel Additives

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12159

"If TOP TIER Detergent Diesel fuel is not available locally, GM recommends the use of ACDelco Diesel Fuel Conditioner. It is a multifunctional additive that helps clean engine deposits, improves lubricity and cold temperature fuel flow, reduces fuel filter plugging, enhances corrosion protection and fuel stability, and boosts cetane. And if low-quality fuel has already been used, GM recommends adding ACDelco Fuel System Treatment Plus – Diesel to help clean engine deposits."

Additional details and the rest of the article in above URL.

If I remember correctly the brand used by Costco is the only one listed for top tier diesel. They have their own website listing all the brands that meet their standards.

Some you have to do some digging for their source like grocery store chains. Around me I think sheetz is the only brand that doesn’t meet top tier for gasoline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems that there are not many stations for "top tier"  diesel. 

The best thing you can do is find a station that sells a lot of diesel and is getting a refueling truck in often.  That way you know the fuel is fresh. 

AMSOIL's Diesel Injector Clean + Cetane Boost is what I use in my diesel Cruze. 

ADSCN.jpg

• 6 months later...

I have a 2019 K3500, used for towing a 40' 5th wheel camper.  I recently added a transfer tank - not an auxiliary tank - for use during long trips, so I don't have to search for truck stops that I can navigate.Unfortunately this means the diesel in the transfer tank can/will sometimes set for a while when the rig isn't in use.  What should I treat it with to help maintain quality of fuel - top tier diesel not available - and help prevent the biological growth ?  Thanks for your time and help

Edited by D J
left out a word

On 5/17/2020 at 4:02 PM, D J said:

I have a 2019 K3500, used for towing a 40' 5th wheel camper.  I recently added a transfer tank - not an auxiliary tank - for use during long trips, so I don't have to search for truck stops that I can navigate.Unfortunately this means the diesel in the transfer tank can/will sometimes set for a while when the rig isn't in use.  What should I treat it with to help maintain quality of fuel - top tier diesel not available - and help prevent the biological growth ?  Thanks for your time and help

I would use this in that tank if it sits and is in a warm climate that algae will/could grow.  AFC Fuel Catalyst

AMSOIL use to have an algicide in their diesel fuel additive but it is my understanding that they took it out because so many customers were complaining of their diesel fuel filters clogging up after using it and having to change them.  The reason being it was doing it's job and killing the algae and thus the filter was filtering it out.  It was also a long time ago, like 20yrs and a lot has changed since then when it comes to diesel fuel.  Mostly the only issues with algae is when it is stored in warm climates and moisture gets in and the warm weather allows it to grow after a long period of time of no use.

Edited by Black02Silverado