Working a lease deal. Hows this deal?

Wondering how I did on this one...
2019 Crew Cab LT All Star 5.3 also had them add step bars ($550).
Paid off the 3 remaining payments on the wife's 17 Traverse Lease of approx $1000.
Only $500 down and payment are $348 for 39 mo. 10k miles a year. 3cf7f4fb0328e4a464374d2e1cf9bc75.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Radchad said:

That’s a nice truck. But a little high on the lease payment.  You should be able to get a better deal,than that.    Don’t let others try to tell you leasing is a bad thing either.  I hear that all the time from most of the inbreds that live up here. It’s only money and you only live once why not enjoy it by driving a new rig.  

Living up in Michigan leasing is the only way to go.  If I was to buy a new truck and pay it off in say 5 years, the damn thing is half rotted out from the outrageous amount of salt they use on the roads in the winter and worthless.   

This.  I find that most of the people screaming that leasing is a terrible financial idea, are the same people financing their vehicles for 72 or even 84 months.  Yeah... you're not gonna be upside down at all stretching those payments out 7 years  lol

• Like 1

The average car lone is around 6-7 years and higher payments than leasing. The average person keeps a car around 7-10 years. I don’t think their are paying cash for the next vehicle. All thing considered the average person could be driving a nice new vehicle every 3 years and probably pay less over time, all things considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.  I find that most of the people screaming that leasing is a terrible financial idea, are the same people financing their vehicles for 72 or even 84 months.  Yeah... you're not gonna be upside down at all stretching those payments out 7 years  lol

Your a 100% right and I don’t care how you do it take a higher payment finance for 72,75 or 84 months. Or lease then finance it if you love it your gonna pay the same amount. I would rather lease it then decide yes or no. I did it with my 15 Silverado I got the v6 turned it back and got into a 18 Silverado fully loaded. Imagine if I financed the v6. I would have been under water deeper then the titanic.

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

The average car lone is around 6-7 years and higher payments than leasing. The average person keeps a car around 7-10 years. I don’t think their are paying cash for the next vehicle. All thing considered the average person could be driving a nice new vehicle every 3 years and probably pay less over time, all things considered.

I couldn't imagine paying for a vehicle 6-7 years.

• Like 2

Retired and watching money more closely. I may look to leasing for my trip car once the Camry gets miles on it. If I’m traveling like I do now. Having a older car or truck for in town driving is no problem. My tips average 15K miles a year, perfect for a lease turn over every 3 years. High end popular cars and trucks have great lease deals. Vehicles I wouldn’t want to own after warranty.

another plus is most manufactures will wipe your last 3 months away if you lease another vehicle from them,  and no disposition fee either then. There are plus and minus here , Leasing is not for everyone needs.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 7:31 AM, Ianwelch001 said:

Thanks to NY my mortgage with taxes is 2200 a month emoji43.png

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Shoottttt you arent kidding brother. 1200 Sq foot house 4800k a year in taxes....