auxiliary switch options

Looking for an auxiliary switch that'll mount directly in the factory locations and haven't been able to locate any GM part options.  I'm trying to maintain that factory look.

Is anyone aware of any aftermarket options?  I recently purchased the grill mounted dual 10" light bars from Rough Country that I'd be using this for.

aux_switches2.jpg

Edited by Shoguns80
  • Like 1

the switches you've seen for those were GM Outfitter Auxiliary Switches.

AUX SWITCH INSTALL is the thread you are looking for

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/168371-aux-switch-install/#comments

those switches all share space on the same PC Board.  Are the circled areas in question non functioning spacers?

Edited by rbrjr1

9 hours ago, rbrjr1 said:

the switches you've seen for those were GM Outfitter Auxiliary Switches.

AUX SWITCH INSTALL is the thread you are looking for

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/168371-aux-switch-install/#comments

those switches all share space on the same PC Board.  Are the circled areas in question non functioning spacers?

The upfitter switches in that thread are for 2014-2019 trucks. 

Need the 2019-2020 switches. 

12 hours ago, Smoothbassman said:

on the switch bank you have, like the circled areas in the photo above, are just spacers, not functioning switches?

(have you taken the switch bank out and pulled the part number off of it?)

Edited by rbrjr1

13 hours ago, Smoothbassman said:

thanks, you beat me to it.

47 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

on the switch bank you have, like the circled areas in the photo above, are just spacers, not functioning switches?

(have you taken the switch bank out and pulled the part number off of it?)

Yes the circled ones are just spacers but they're functional switches on some of the LTZ and High Country trim levels.  This leads me to believe there is a way to wire up a factory switch but it may be labeled as something else.  once the aftermarket catches up a custom switch should be fairly simple to produce.

41 minutes ago, Shoguns80 said:

thanks, you beat me to it.

Yes the circled ones are just spacers but they're functional switches on some of the LTZ and High Country trim levels.  This leads me to believe there is a way to wire up a factory switch but it may be labeled as something else.  once the aftermarket catches up a custom switch should be fairly simple to produce.

You haven't pulled the switch to check the harness?

when you do, open it up to see what electronics are present at the spacers..

body builder manuals are available now, you've checked them for electrical pinouts?

Edited by rbrjr1

16 minutes ago, rbrjr1 said:

You haven't pulled the switch to check the harness?

when you do, open it up to see what electronics are present at the spacers..

body builder manuals are available now, you've checked them for electrical pinouts?

havent pulled the panel yet.  will snap some pics and post when I do.

i'm no electrician but i'd assume since the rough country lights come pre-wired and use the battery as a power source its a matter of replacing the relay switch included in the kit with one of these panel switches  ???

4 hours ago, Shoguns80 said:

havent pulled the panel yet.  will snap some pics and post when I do.

i'm no electrician but i'd assume since the rough country lights come pre-wired and use the battery as a power source its a matter of replacing the relay switch included in the kit with one of these panel switches  ???

in the legacy body style, it's been a mixed bag, some people had a wiring harness that already pinned out all the switches, but didn't have any relays or battery/switched leads. some people had nothing in their harness except the switches which came with the vehicle, I think one or two people actually had everything including the relays for the outfitter switches in the X51 fuse box.

the issue with that thread is that it tries to consolidate 4-6 years of GM evolution in manufacturing..

• Like 2

• 4 months later...