auxiliary switch options

1 hour ago, Smoothbassman said:

I need these switches in my life!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Yea they are really nice. Tied my interior footwell lights into one of them, have some strobe lights tied into another and working on a front light bar for aux 3. Nice to have lots of switches for future equipment! Here’s One of the threads where they are discussed. Let me know if you need any other info. https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/228976-anyone-get-the-9l7-upfitter-aux-switches/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-2393894

On 3/22/2020 at 7:06 AM, maillet282 said:

I wanted to do something a bit different. 

installed one of these Switchpods. Still waiting on 6 AWG ring terminals to arrive in the mail to finish wiring up the relay pod itself 

F13630D0-8368-4EFA-ACB6-EA12E6C28065.thumb.jpeg.b428063ce5b540e564d2a4dace7bb951.jpeg

Really digging this set up rather than cutting into the dash panel.

15 minutes ago, Brian Jones said:

Really digging this set up rather than cutting into the dash panel.

Needed to drill 4 small holes as well as remove the cap off the USB and the 110v plug. Same with removed the 2 12v plugs as well 

but the panel only costs $30 Canadian if I want to return to stock 

1E3375F8-CD2E-4394-B651-13D0A8D90E53.thumb.jpeg.3793e6840afdd5656d3d29c140fc1b6f.jpeg

I found a great reference for possibly adding switch functions where you'd like to (under the radio in the center stack). Let me know if this helps:

https://www.findlayautoparts.com/v-2020-chevrolet-silverado-1500--rst--5-3l-v8-gas/body--switches

I want to add the RC 10" mini LED's in my grille, and possibly a dual mode exhaust (more on that if it progresses) and I too want a factory look (no weird/non OE looking hardware) so I think this may be where I start to look.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:10 PM, Trvlngnrs said:

I installed rocker switches. I prefer bigger ones with labels that are easily identifiable vs numbers, since the location is partially obstructed by the steering wheel.

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

Did those come with any kind of wiring harness or did you have to make something up yourself?

32 minutes ago, chris84 said:

Did those come with any kind of wiring harness or did you have to make something up yourself?

Currently I only have a light bar hooked up. It came with the wiring harness and a switch, but I didn't like the switch. These are on Amazon, They were around $8-$9 apiece. The two switches on the right aren't snapped in completely, so they'll be easy to pull out to wire up when I get the other lights (rear and A-pillar or fog..not sure yet).

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

Jesus. You could’ve gone for a feniex mini 4200 for a whole lot less but go ahead and get your flex on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Haha the feniex mini is cool but I liked the design of the bantam with the under hood connection box 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:43 PM, 2k19Sierra said:

The gm aux switches are on the left side of the steering wheel now. Couple threads on here about them! They work great! 

513441ED-45D1-48C5-8C4D-31FB7035A587.jpeg

Two options I wanted in my truck but did not because of limited availability was upfitter switches, and trailer TPS.   Does anyone know if the harness and/or relays for this is already in the trucks?  Could the switches be purchased and installed as a 'plug n play' solution?